Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! (original 1975; edition 1975)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:ColorBound
Title:Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1975), Edition: 1ST, Hardcover, 48 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Creative Picture Book

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss (1975)

I have always had a love for the "Dr Seuss" books (Dr. Seuss is in quotes because I know sometimes, some books are written under other names)..

They usually have some type of lesson in them that are taught in a fun and cool way...With crazy and fun pictures.

I picked up quite a few books, one in a bind up, while looking for books for my 11 y/o...And, since it was Booktube-A-Thon week, I figured I'd pick these up just in case I wanted and/or needed some quick reads to make it to the 7 book mark for the "Read 7 books" challenge...Well, let's just say I'm glad it did, because by the time Saturday rolled around..I had a slight book burnout..So these came in handy..

But I also picked these up because, well, I just love these books...And some, I was pretty sure I've seen before and maybe read to my kids or my mother read to me when I was young, but couldn't remember, and then another couple of them that I just didn't remember ever seeing before...

Although I do love this book, I can't say it was my favorite of the ones I read...But I do love the message I personally got out of it...Just basically telling you to think and use your own brain that you were given and don't allow others to think for you...Now, again, that's what I got out of it! What others may get, I guess it can be as different as each individual person reading it.. :-) ( )
  obridget2 | May 14, 2017 |
This is a great tongue twister by Dr. Seuss, “Oh, the Thinks You Can Think.” I enjoyed reading this book because it was a challenge to read smoothly through the book, and I am a junior in college. This story is a great example of how to activate creativity by using your imagination and thinking. The language in the book is very descriptive and written with a rhyme scheme. There are a lot of sight words used that children at a young age are being introduced to. The illustrations in the book are engaging. They cover the entire page which is large and colorful. The story is fiction because of the things thought of in the book are made up and have no real characteristic to an actual human or animal. But like I mentioned this is a great example of exaggeration and using imagination. A good example of creating a creature would be on page four and five. The illustration is referred to as a “guff” and is being walked by his owner by what seems to be his tail. This book is among a great collection of books for children and I would rate this book 9/10. ( )
  staylo34 | Apr 23, 2017 |
a fun book about all the fun things that you can think of with your imagination
1 book
  TUCC | Jan 23, 2017 |
The possibilities are endless in Dr. Seuss’s classic Beginner Book! Young readers will delight in Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! which celebrates the imagination and encourages young readers to think . . . about thinking! “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the Thinks you can think up if only you try.” Originally created by Dr. Seuss, Beginner Books encourage children to read all by themselves, with simple words and illustrations that give clues to their meaning.
  wichitafriendsschool | Nov 13, 2016 |
Dr. Seuss has funny books and strange books too. This one was very strange and I really didn't like it and depending on what age group you use this with, children may be confused about what the book is about. ( )
  Alexgirl16 | Oct 20, 2016 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stip, KatjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stip, KeesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You can think up some birds. That’s what you can do.

A rhyming version of the thinks you can think up if only you try.

Relates in verse some of the unusual thinks you can think if only you try.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,484,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible