Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! (original 1975; edition 1975)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:JulianneM
Title:Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1975), Edition: 1ST, Hardcover, 48 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Dr. Seuss, children's book, rhyme, picture book, fiction

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss (1975)

Review: The moral of this book was to have children realize that there are so many things to think about. Dr. Seuss encourages the reader to ponder why certain things occur in the world. For example, he encourages readers to think about how much water fifty-five elephants can drink or he even told the reader to think about the color red. I believe this is a great book because it is encouraging children to use their imagination and to turn their "thinking caps" on. I also think the message, to think about all the things in the world, is made clear through the use of his imagination. He uses creatures that are not real, like a guff or a schlopp. In this case he is showing all the different possibilities a thinker can come up with, which sets a good example for a younger audience.

Summary: Dr. Seuss leaves the readers thinking after this book is over. This book enlightens readers on different things that one can think about. He causes readers to question certain things and to think about topics that one may not have thought about before. This book encourages readers to use their imagination, to go outside the box, and to discover new things about the world. ( )
  jbaile14 | Sep 1, 2014 |
Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
By Dr. Seuss (1975)

I liked Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss for three reasons. First, I liked the catchy rhymes throughout the book. Specifically, “If you try, you can think up a Guff going by,” try and by rhyme. Second, I liked the vibrant colors that make up the images. Specifically, Dr. Seuss uses primary and secondary colors like blue, yellow, red, pink, purple, orange, and green. In addition, Dr. Seuss uses different shades of each color; for example, light and dark blue, light and dark purple, etc. Lastly, I liked that the sentences are short, easy to read, and made up of mostly recognizable words—this is great for beginning readers. Overall, the “big idea” of Oh, the Thinks You can Think! is to emphasize that there is no limit to what you can think up. Dr. Seuss encourages his readers to push their minds to limitless heights. ( )
  Mdierd1 | Mar 10, 2014 |
Dr. Seuss shows the importance of imagination and thinking. This book shows that you can think about anything, even things that are not real. The book says to think about schlopp with a cherry on top. The imagination creates unlimited things that can be thought. It mentions how if you try hard you can think about so many things. In the book the characters think in any direction and on any day. Opportunities are endless when it comes to the imagination. ( )
  AllieR93 | Sep 19, 2013 |
The book goes through the many different ways that the reader can use their imagination. It uses silly words to inspire the reader to use their imagination in thinking about whatever their dreams take them. I would use this book if a child I am teaching is feeling down about themselves. I like it because it has a very positive message in a goofy way. I also love the rhymes, it makes the book easier to read and more entertaining. I think this book would be suitable for children for about 4 to 6 years of age, so about kindergarten to first grade.
  RebeccaRunning | Sep 11, 2013 |
Little Kid Reaction: One of the all-time favorite author's of early reading children's book demonstrates that you have the power to think about all kinds of things. I like how the book encourages the children to ask questions about all of their thoughts. I would definitely recommend this book for beginning readers and to be read aloud to the toddler just learning to speak, or pre-school group reading. The brings out laughter of the imagination of what you are able to think about.

Big Kid Reaction: Every Dr. Seuss book I've ever read has made me laugh and celebrate the power of imagination. I would definitely count Oh the Thinks You Can Think among his best.

To read our full review, go to The Reading Tub®.
  TheReadingTub | Feb 25, 2013 |
You can think up some birds. That’s what you can do.

A rhyming version of the thinks you can think up if only you try.

Relates in verse some of the unusual thinks you can think if only you try.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,961,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible