Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! (original 1975; edition 1975)

by Dr. Seuss

Member:JulianneM
Title:Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!
Authors:Dr. Seuss
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1975), Edition: 1ST, Hardcover, 48 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Dr. Seuss, children's book, rhyme, picture book, fiction

Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! by Dr. Seuss (1975)

The possibilities are endless in Dr. Seuss’s classic Beginner Book! Young readers will delight in Oh, the Thinks You Can Think! which celebrates the imagination and encourages young readers to think . . . about thinking! “Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the Thinks you can think up if only you try.” Originally created by Dr. Seuss, Beginner Books encourage children to read all by themselves, with simple words and illustrations that give clues to their meaning.
  wichitafriendsschool | Nov 13, 2016 |
Dr. Seuss has funny books and strange books too. This one was very strange and I really didn't like it and depending on what age group you use this with, children may be confused about what the book is about. ( )
  Alexgirl16 | Oct 20, 2016 |
I love Dr. Seuss books. The imagination and life lessons he always incorporates make his book entertaining to read. ( )
  NaomiJohnston | Sep 26, 2016 |
There are a few reasons I liked the book "Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!" by Dr. Suess. The first reason is that the author used an engaging writing style. Throughout the text he would rhyme real words with nonsense words. A great example of this is in the sentences, "You can think about gloves. You can think about snuvs. You can think a long time about snuvs and their gloves." Through this writing style he was able to keep me fully engaged and thinking about the text. The second reason I enjoyed this story was because of the illustrations used throughout the book. For example, the quote I discussed above about the imaginary snuv. The snuv was illustrated on the same page as the text, giving the reader an idea of what a snuv could possibly look like. This feature not only enhanced the readers knowledge about the make-believe character but also, fit the style of the written text. The last reason I liked this book was because it not only included words easy enough for young readers to recognize but also, included nonsense words that made me think. " You can think about Schlopp. Schlopp. Schlopp. Beautiful schlopp. Beautiful schlopp with a cherry on top." When I first read this I thought Schlopp was a person. However, through the text and illustrations I figured out that schlopp was a type of sundae. I think that the 'big idea' of this children's book is to make young readers minds think, and realize that there are many things in this world they don't yet know about or even understand. ( )
  madigischel | Sep 3, 2016 |
  Infinityand1 | Aug 3, 2016 |

Dr. Seussprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stip, KatjaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stip, KeesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
You can think up some birds. That’s what you can do.

A rhyming version of the thinks you can think up if only you try.

Relates in verse some of the unusual thinks you can think if only you try.

36 wanted1 pay3 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,667,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible