The Man with the Candy by Jack Olsen

The Man with the Candy (1974)

by Jack Olsen

This was about Dean Corll the serial killer. I found the book hard to read at the beggining, but it picked up after Dean was killed and it told more of what actually happened. I enjoyed it from that point onward. ( )
  LoveIsInTheHouse | May 4, 2010 |
The story of the Houston mass murders. More than 30 pre-teen and adolescent boys were sexually abused, tortured and killed. ( )
  TonySandel | Sep 15, 2007 |
I love Texas, but she drives her people crazy. I've wondered whether it's the heat, or the money, or maybe both. A republic of outlaws loosely allied with the United States, Texas survives, and survives quite well, by breaking the rules.
--Peter Gent, North Dallas Forty, 1973
For Florence Mae Drecksage Olsen
In his canary-yellow house on shady Twenty-seventh Street in The Heights, a worn-out section of Houston, Fred Hilligiest got up long before the sun.
The imagination will not down. If it is not a dance, a song, it becomes an outcry, a protest. If it is not flamboyance it becomes deformity; if it is not art, it becomes crime. ---William Carlos Williams- The Great American Novel, 1923

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,978,982 books! | Top bar: Always visible