Paddington Bear by Michael Bond

Paddington Bear (original 1998; edition 1992)

by Michael Bond, John Lobban (Illustrator), John Lobban (Photographer)

Member:dominiccruz
Title:Paddington Bear
Authors:Michael Bond
Other authors:John Lobban (Illustrator), John Lobban (Photographer)
Info:HarperCollins Publishers (1992), Hardcover, 1 pages
Tags:31

Paddington Bear by Michael Bond (1998)

English (6)  Finnish (1)  All languages (7)
i really enjoyed this book! Paddington charms his way into your heart just like he charmed his way into the Brown family's hearts. One of my favorite parts of the story was when Paddington went to the opera for the first time and thought the acting was real so he went back stage to tell the person who played the father in the play that he should not throw his daughter out! The author did such a good job portraying this angry bear standing up for what he thought was right. I also really enjoyed the part of the book where he is putting on a magic show for the family and he "accidentally" breaks the grumpy old neighbors watch. Everything Paddington gets himself into is because of his curious nature and independent ways. I love how the Brown family was patient with Paddington and found the humor in everything that he did. One of my favorite characters was Ms. Byrd. I liked her character because even though she was thought to be strict, she always had a soft spot for Paddington. My two boys and I listened to this story at night on CD. When we were finished listening to it, they wanted me to read it to them! I think my first graders will enjoy hearing this story next year. ( )
  Jdwalker | Jun 2, 2014 |
A good illustrated and abridged introduction to the Bear Paddington. He's just as outrageously clumsy and obnoxious (but oh, so well meaning!) as I remembered him. This book covers the first two chapters of the original story, published in 1958 and explains how he gets into the Browns' care. The illustrations are warm, cute and full of humor, very much in the spirit of the original. ( )
  Fjola | Oct 17, 2013 |
This is the beginning book of an adorable series! This is such a cute book! Such a great read for all ages! ( )
  bereneezypie | Apr 26, 2013 |
This book is really cute no matter what age you are. If you want a cute easy book this is the write book for you and you little ones! ( )
  Yaraalkhalifa | Dec 2, 2012 |
I loved my copy of Paddington literally to pieces. Pieces that I insisted my mother glue, paste, tape-whatever it took- back into one book over and over again. I had a strange habit of sleeping with my books as a child. I don't mean taking one or two to bed and falling asleep while looking at them either. My mother says she would find me literally (no pun intended) sleeping on a bed of 10 or 12 books. She would gingerly pull them out from under me as I slept. Well, Paddington was a regular bedfellow and a good companion. I never grew tired of the story of a bear who was real. And in reading all of the series over again I found that this is by and far still my favorite friend to take to bed with me;) ( )
  hnebeker | Dec 16, 2009 |
One day Mr. and Mrs. Brown were standing in Paddington station.

Forty years ago, a small bear from Darkest Peru set out on the adventure of a lifetime. Carrying a battered suitcase containing several jars of marmalade, and wearing a tag around his neck that read Please Look after This Bear, he stowed away on a ship and landed in Londons Paddington Station. As luck would have it, the Brown family found him, named him Paddington, and welcomed him to their home and into the hearts of millions of readers.Since 1958, Paddington Bear has charmed readers worldwide with his humorous misadventures. In celebration of Paddingtons 40th birthday, Michael Bonds original story of Paddington Bear has been beautifully reillustrated by artist R.W. Alley.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:00 -0400)

Adopting for their own the lost bear they find in Paddington Station, the Browns have some exciting first moments with him.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,656,686 books! | Top bar: Always visible