Seduced by the Wolf by Terry Spear

Seduced by the Wolf

by Terry Spear

I enjoyed finally being able to read Leidolf's story. I think the pack dynamic is a bit different than any of the earlier books and that made it interesting. I also liked the strong female personality that we found in Cassie. I wish we'd gotten a bit more into the Aimee and Carver story line, but other than that I was satisfied with the story and the conclusions. I look forward to more from this series. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I enjoyed the book. It was an easy read. Terry Spear has a good foundation for more stories within this werewolf pack. The characters were interesting and could be developed further.

Cassie Roux is a wolf biologist who writes articles and lectures about wolves. She loves wolfs and wants to help their plight. She has a secret that helps her a natural at understanding wolves.

Leidolf Wildhaven is a Rancher, who is attending one of Cassie's lectures. He is immediately attracted to her and wants to know more about her. But he has a secret he's keeping about himself and his ranch.

Cassie leads Leidolf on the chase of his life.
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
Interesting enough to finish in one day...and want to read the othe stories. A little draggy in some spots and rushed in others. ( )
  lesmel | May 19, 2013 |
This was a fun book. A bit absurd and ridiculous at times, but overall a quick, fun read. At one point, near the beginning of the book, about a quarter of the books is spent with all these people running around the national forest. Despite the fact that the forest is huge, all these characters just happen to collide.

The wolf biologist (who happens to be a werewolf), who's looking for a real wolf, just happens to run into the hotty werewolf skinny dipping (in the middle of nowhere). She runs off, he chases her. Then we have the crazy zoo people, who are looking to tranquilize a wolf or a few to take to the zoo. And yes, they just happen to be running around the same stretch of forest. Then we have the human wolf biologist who has the hots for the werewolf wolf biologist. And yes, he's running around in the forest too. Then we have the werewolf wolf's biologist's long lost werewolf cousin, who's running around as a wolf. And the hotty werewolf's pack. And a pair who's looking to kill a few werewolves... or people... And yeah, they're all running into each other.

Chasing the hot chick. Researching the wolf. Looking for their cousin. Avoiding getting killed. Looking for a new subject for their zoo. Shooting people and wolves.

A bit absurd? Unfortunately, yes. And there's a few other places like that. Nonetheless, absurdities aside, it is a quick, fun read. ( )
  cleoppa | Jun 12, 2011 |
The story was mostly enjoyable- Leidolf Wildhaven is the leader of a werewolf pack in Oregon, having taken control over from an abusive leader. He has his hands full with trying to manage the unruly behavior of some younger wolves as well as financial concerns about the ranch he runs. He is also ready to settle down and have some babies.
Cassie Roux is a wolf biologist, and a lone werewolf. She champions the cause of wolf conservation. When she comes to Oregon to teach the locals about wolves, she finds herself face-to-face with Leidolf. Cassie and Leidolf are instantly attracted to each other, but Cassie’s been hurt before and wants nothing to do with a pack… As they try and sort out their feelings, they are often running around the forests full of hunters who dislike wolves, people from the zoo, murderers with unclear agendas, and other wolf biologists. With so much going on in the woods, there’s too much at stake to stay away…
Somehow, when I picked this book up, I missed the fact that there were several books that came previously in the series. When I started reading, it was fairly obvious that I had missed something. The previous stories were mentioned in ways that made it clear they were important to the current characters, but not to be too repetitive for readers who knew the story. While I could follow along just fine it felt like it was missing depth, especially with the characters. Many of the secondary characters all sort of blended together and in my mind were completely interchangeable. There was nothing to make them seem interesting or unique.
I liked how wolf-like the werewolves in this story are, while at the same time being so human. The two very different ways of life are brought together in an intriguing way. The werewolf world she creates is almost realistic. I didn’t like that the women werewolves were essentially prizes- at one point one of the characters basically says, “if you catch her, she’s yours”. Seriously? I also thought the ending was completely inexplicable and tied up things unrealistically quickly, with the reader left wondering what just happened. ( )
  Radella | Jun 11, 2011 |

Cassie Roux, a biologist who is trying to prove to the world that wolves are not evil predators, follows Leidolf Wildhaven, a red lupus garou pack leader, who believes that Cassie is the answer to saving his pack from extinction.

Terry Spear is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,620,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible