Empire of Night by Justin Somper

Empire of Night (2010)

by Justin Somper

I think it is a five star because it is well developed and well laid out. As I read I keep on thinking I can't wait to find out what happens next.I think this book is very exciting and fast paced. the author gives a good mental image. And it always keeps you hooked and interested. It ends in cliffhangers that make you want to read the next book.
The renegade vampirates want to take over the oceans but the pirates and nocturnals are trying to stop them. As the renegade vampirates attack and take over the ships the pirates are forced to work together and stop them. The twins Grace and Connor are sent in to spy on the renegades. Can the pirates and nocturnals win with the help of Connor and Graces information? ( )
  jamesd.b1 | Sep 8, 2013 |
Had you told me Sidorio would become a family man after my original introduction to the Vampirates series, I would have bet you ten bucks you were wrong. Then, upon reading 'Empire of Night', you would be ten bucks richer. I'm usually pretty good at guessing plots, but this book kept surprising me!

Let's talk character development... So good. In fact, it was so good that I found myself talking to the book-- scolding characters for their actions, asking why they were doing this, or how they could even consider that! And I'm not talking about just Connor and Grace-- I mean the whole cast of characters.

Full review at Brooke's Box of Books:
http://brookesboxofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/08/review-empire-of-night-by-justin-s... ( )
  Kewpie83 | Apr 3, 2013 |
Vampirates are these vampire pirates, that have learned to control their blood intake. Until a group of them breaks off and goes rogue to create an army so they can take over the seas. Every night they go ashore to feast and when they do, they pick a village and no one ever survives.The Pirate Federation i trying to track down and kill them but they have been unccessful. they have only killed one so far and even that turned out to be a failure. What the vampirates eventually come of with the idea to make fleet so they can take over faster. But instead of having ships made they decide to kill everyone on a ship and then take the ship, instead of killing villages.

It was an ok book, in my eyes. It was predictable, you knew what was going to happen. The only thing you didn't know was when it was going to happen. Also it was long and weird, like it was a little confusing at first but then you get at the end. But all together it was a pretty good book.
  Mad_Martel | Jan 19, 2011 |

Evil Sidorio continues to expand his empire across the oceans, but as he faces growing opposition from both the Pirate Federation and the vampirate realm, twins Grace and Connor Tempest are caught in the conflict.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,129,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible