The Stars Look Down by A. J. Cronin

The Stars Look Down (1935)

by A. J. Cronin

On May 16m 1846, I said: "Read some in The Stars Look Down. Rather good:mines in England." On May 18 I said: "I'm plowing right along in 'Stars look Down.' It's very fast-moving now and I like it better than I ever did. It is, in a way, a social sermon." On May 19 I said: "Finished tonight Cronin's 'Stars Look Down.' Abrupt ending. Cronin's quite a writer." ( )
  Schmerguls | Oct 8, 2013 |
well, another rather lengthy novel that captured my attention, but sort of let me down at the end. I learned an awful lot about coal mining in England in the WWI era and what a dangerous and thankless job it is. But, I felt that the multiple story threads that kept intersecting here and there were going to culminate in a more interesting end that what i got.....but then again, how often that happens in my own world. And like always, there are at least 10 other Cronins on the shelf.....time will tell..... ( )
  jeffome | Jun 20, 2010 |
Good
  rae4ka | Apr 29, 2009 |
Era ancora scuro quando Marta si svegliò, e il freddo era crudo. Il vento s'ingolfava gelido nelle crepe dei muri della casupola di due soli vani. Si udiva, lontano, il rantolo delle onde. Il resto era silenzio.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,919,598 books! | Top bar: Always visible