Deeply, Desperately by Heather Webber

Deeply, Desperately

by Heather Webber

Just as good as the first book. Lucy finds herself another mystery to solve, this time it is a missing person she is looking for. She continues to use her power of finding lost items to help and more and more people are finding out about what she can do. This is both good and bad. In this book, we also learn about a family secret that has been kept for years. All of my favorite characters are here. Raphael, Dovie, Lucy's parents, Em, Marisol, and Aiden. Of course, Sean, her love interest is here too but in this book, a small wrench is thrown into the relationship.
The recurring theme in this book is definitely "love." Finding lost loves, questioning new love, opening up to let yourself love again, and letting go when love is no longer there. There was a little bit of mystery and suspense but not much. It was just a quick, fun read. There are a few more in the series but I'm going to take a break and move on to something else for a while. I'll come back and finish the other books at another time when I am looking for a lighter read.
  Lagnella | Mar 4, 2016 |
This book is absolutely adorable. I liked the first Lucy Valentine novel but I actually think this one is better than the first. The characters are the sort of characters you would like to meet, be friends with, and hang out with. They stick with you and make you happy that you met them.

The mystery plot part of this story is a tad weaker that the romantic plot in this story but it is still interesting. Speaking of the romantic plot...it is cute and absolutely perfect. The character take their love slow and steady and don't rush here there and everywhere, throwing around words they couldn't possibly mean after only knowing each other.The point is....the characters are real, they know each other and fell in love based on normal things as opposed to the magic love that sometimes shows up in stories like this.

This series is great. It is nice, fun, and just happy. Great read for the bathtub while relaxing, or anywhere really, as long as you read it ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
A quick read and I was surprised with the ending. :) I did find that the author seemed to forget that she had told us certain details and would repeat them but that is the only bad thing - more annoying than anything. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
I just couldn't get into this book. I put it down for a little while to read another book instead (because this wasn't doing anything for me) but then after that book was finished, I realized I didn't care a thing about what was going on in THIS book. Everyone was was physically sick or emotionally damaged. Yuck man!

So, I don't know if it was a good or a bad book, it just wasn't one I was in the least enjoying or interested in.
  aVamp1r3 | Nov 25, 2014 |
Another solid story featuring Lucy and the crew. Locating long lost loves, dealing with stalkers, matchmaking and curses. Love the relationship development between Lucy and Sean, boo to Cara! My only issue is the repetitive use of the word "thrummed." How many times can a body thrum before a medical expert needs to intervene? ( )
  scottnl | Jan 6, 2014 |
To my family. You've taught me what true love is all about.
Justifiable homicide might be hard to prove, but my had-it-up-to-here brain was giving it a hearty stamp of approval as a reasonable defense.
"They're young, but the way I look at it, love doesn't know any better. Those kinds of feelings are rare. You need to hold on to love when you can. And if it lasts, it lasts. And if it doesn't, you deal with it."

The irrepressible star of Truly, Madly is back in business. This time, Lucy valentine will go to the ends of the earth to find true love for her clients...and maybe even herself. Lucy wants to breathe new life into her family's Boston-based matchmaking company. But how? Even though she comes from a long line of ancestors blessed by Cupid with psychic abilities, a freak accident left Lucy with only one special skill: finding things. Car keys, socks in the dryer, needles in haystacks...and now, in a stroke of professional genius, lost loves! It's not long before Lucy's on a winning streak, helping old flames reunite and create new sparks. Business is booming. But when Lucy finds herself in a possible case of murder, she realizes she's in too deep. Enter Sean Donahue. Lucy's handsome fire fighter-turned-private eye neighbor, Sean is just the man she needs to help her on the job. Could he also be the mans he's been looking for all along? When it comes to Valentine, Inc., falling in love is always serious business...

Lucy wants to breathe new life into her family's Boston-based matchmaking company. But how? Even though she comes from a long line of ancestors blessed by Cupid with psychic abilities, a freak accident left Lucy with only one special skill: finding things. Car keys, socks in the dryer, needles in haystacks...and now, in a stroke of professional genius, lost loves! It's not long before Lucy's on a winning streak, helping old flames reunite and create new sparks. Business is booming. But when Lucy finds herself involved in a possible case of murder, she realizes she's in too deep. Enter Sean Donahue. Lucy's handsome fire-fighter turned private-eye neighbor, Sean is just the man she needs to help her on the job. Could he also be the man she's been looking for all along?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,397,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible