The Top 100 Fitness Foods: 100 Ways to…

The Top 100 Fitness Foods: 100 Ways to Turbocharge Your Life

by Sarah Owen

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byeandino2012, tbbycatt

No tags.

This is a handy-sized ( 6.8 x 5.6 x 0.7 inches) little book that you’ll find yourself referring to over and over. It’s the perfect size to keep in your purse, gym bag or briefcase.

For those of you who want to kick up your exercise routine through optimized nutrition this is perfect. But for those of you like me who are just really getting started and want a something that will help you just choose foods that are better choices…this book is wonderful.

Since we can’t just quit eating food, we need to choose foods that work better for us and we can’t do that unless we have a better idea how foods work. Eating the right foods can have a huge impact on your stamina and performance, but choosing the correct foods can be mentally exhausting and challenging.

This little book is packed with profiles of ingredients so that you can make your best choices. The book is color-coded to make finding the foods you need easier. Each section has information like lists of nutrients, at-a-glance symbols, and it gives you tips to incorporate these foods into your diet. There is even a simple recipe included with each ingredient.

They’ve also included an ailment list at the back of the book and lists of foods that might help with each one. The photography is gorgeous and the information is priceless. This is one of those staples of reference books that you’ll be really glad to have on hand as you’re planning meals and as you’re shopping.

Thanks to Sterling Publishing for providing me with a copy of this book to read and review. I receive no payment for my reviews and the opinions are entirely my own. ( )
  tbbycatt | Feb 15, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,250,090 books! | Top bar: Always visible