Painted Ladies by Robert B. Parker

Painted Ladies

by Robert B. Parker

Series: Spenser (38)

A quick, enjoyable read. It's mostly light banter vs. description or narrative, which is both good and bad. Interesting characters, revealed primarily through what they say.

This is the first Robert B. Parker book I've read; I started with the last in a series instead of at the beginning, which may affect my viewpoint.

P.S. If you're interested in art (this involves a stolen painting), don't expect much art-related and you won't be disappointed.

Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Last one he finished ( )
  unclebob53703 | Jan 31, 2015 |
Dysfunctional families, art theft, art stolen during the Holocaust, people getting killed and the usual Spenser and friends repartee. ( )
  raizel | Nov 21, 2013 |
Robert Parker may be dead, but his beloved Boston PI, Spenser, will live pretty much forever.
This was one of the last Spenser novels. I'm still trying to come to grips with that fact. ( )
  dickmanikowski | Aug 1, 2013 |
One of Robert B's last novels before he popped off. We listened to it on a trip to the mountains. Fun Spenser. There were some slightly different tones in this one, and a new champagne for us to explore: Iron Horse. ( )
  bookczuk | Apr 23, 2013 |

Robert B. Parkerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mantegna, JoeNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Joan: live art
My first client of the day (and of the week, truth be known) came into my office on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and sat in one of my client chairs.

Called upon by The Hammond Museum and renowned art scholar Dr. Ashton Prince, Boston PI Spenser accepts his latest case: to provide protection during a ransom exchange-money for a stolen painting. The case becomes personal when Spenser fails to protect his client and the valuable painting remains stolen.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,058,991 books! | Top bar: Always visible