The Marksman by Mary Winter
721,138,814 (4.75)None

I really like this series/author. ( )
  Tala2cubs | Sep 3, 2014 |
Disclaimer: The author is a near and dear friend of mine, and I did receive this book as a gift. With that being said, however, this is my honest opinion of the book, itself.

Admittedly, erotica is not usually my cup of tea. My main pet peeve with the genre (based on bits I've read in the past) is that the books often exist for nothing more than the sex. What I liked most about this book is that while there were quite a few sex scenes, which were well written, there was a strong storyline as well.

I liked Cam. She was a strong character, confident in the job she had been sent to do, but she did have a soft side. She had internal demons to work through and the reader was clearly able to follow along with her thought processes.

Then, there was Kjell... Yum! I've always had a thing for men in uniform. (Hubby is retired Army.)

Added to that was the fact that he was a shifter. Not a vampire or werewolf. Those, to my way of thinking have been done to death by this point. No, he shifts into a polar bear. That was the premise that really drew me to this book in the first place, and Mary certainly did not disappoint. Not once, did I find myself skeptical of the world she built, even going so far as reading the majority of it in a single day because I couldn't put it down.

I would definitely recommend this book to people who enjoy erotica, service members, shifters. ( )
  Dawna.Kreis | Jul 8, 2014 |

Pink Petal Books

2 editions of this book were published by Pink Petal Books.

Editions: 0982488580, 0982763719

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,827,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible