Tombs of Terror by T. Lynn Adams

Tombs of Terror

by T. Lynn Adams

631,268,033 (3.75)None

A little too much description of the struggle. Needs more character development.

I was hoping for more of an adventure and Inca history..

I am going to read the second in series, The Lost Curse. I'm banking on it being much better. I'm not giving up on Adams yet! ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
I enjoyed the story and the lesson, but had a hard time with the main character argue with himself in his head. That didn't really work for me - a little too much, almost like a second personality or something. Still pretty good. ( )
  Mirandalg14 | Aug 18, 2014 |
5 STARS
I had read the Lost Curse and I loved it so much I went and bought Tombs of Terror.
I was excited to recived it in the mail yesterday.
I have always wanted to see Machu Picchu ruins. The jungle not so much.
Jonathon Bradford is spending a couple of weeks in Peru with his dad, while his dad works. He is not happy to spend so much time in musuems. It was his mothers idea that they spend this time to bond.
While he is wondering around the musuem with headphones on a man comes up to him and talks to Jonathon. first Jonathon ignores him then he fakes being able to speak spanish. The guy just keeps talking and following him around the room. Jonathon keeps going back to the mummy. The guy starts finally to speak good english and knows Jonathon speaks spanish. Juan is an old friend of his father who was at university with him.
Juan tells Jonathon about the mummies would be kept in the houses with the people. He also explains about the Incas and how they disappeared with thier mummies,gold and left no trail for the Spanish to follow. Juan also tells him how the nataive boys would bet the tourists they would race the bus down the mountain. It would only take the boys 20 minutes where the buses from Machu Picchu took a half hour if things are working right.
While his dad is taking pictures of walls and measurements that his school sent him to do he wants to hike up to the other ruin above it. Is dad says no and he means no. So Jonathon decides to ride the bus down to the train but the driver says no ticket no enter. Then Jonathon remembers about the old Inca road the boys would race and he sees it. After walking awhile he realizes that he is lost that he doesn't know if he should go up or down. He decides down and ends up falling guite aways then he falls into a whole and blacks out.
David Bradford and Juan meet up and realize that Jonathon is missing at the bus they found out he did not go down on any of the buses. David rides the bus down and Juan looks around for a bit and will wait till he hears from David then he will walk down the old trail and look thier. No one can find him.
Jonathon is hurt and in the dark and everytime things look up for him more trouble finds him.
It keeps your attention. I have liked both books that I have read of Lynns and look forward to more in the future.
2010 PUB Cedar Fort 195 pages ( )
  rhonda1111 | Jul 14, 2012 |

A young man accompanying his archaeologist father to Machu Picchu falls through a rotted plank, landing in an Inca tunnel deep inside the Andes mountains.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,582,034 books! | Top bar: Always visible