Let's Save the Animals: A flip the flap…

Let's Save the Animals: A flip the flap book

by Frances Barry

I loved this book. Not only does it have adorable animals, but it gives a dose of reality about endangered species. Each page has a fact about the dangers that the particular animal. The last page of this book is the best and really makes you think about what we are doing to the animals on the planet. Love, Love, Love. ( )
  MeganSchneider2 | Apr 24, 2017 |
We can't save all the animals but we can do our part to help! This books list some endangered animals in our world. Not only does this book tell us where the animal lives but also how the animal became endangered. At the end of the book, there are some suggestions and ways in which we can help save and protect the animals on this planet. This book has great illustrations and the kids will enjoy how the pages have flaps. ( )
  sottallah | Apr 16, 2015 |
This book has wonderful illustrations. The colors are very attention grabbing, and it touches the reader to help out the endangered animals. I love it how it explains why certain animals are endangered. At the back, there are tips on how we can all take action in making the world a better place. In a classroom environment, I would introduce by asking my students if they know what endangered means. After reading this book, I would make a list on a board on how are ways we can be "greener" in the classroom. Each week will focus on an item on the list. I really liked the book's suggestion on adopting an endangered animal. A class can do this, and vote on the animal desired. ( )
  jenvid | Oct 16, 2011 |
This book would be great to use with a science lesson. It introduces the concept of endangered animals and how we can do our part to save them.
  juliabaird1 | Oct 25, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076364501X, Hardcover)

Bold illustrations, big flaps, and an ingenious die-cut design invite young readers to peek at the lives of endangered animals — and learn how to help.

Did you know that a giant panda likes to do somersaults? That a black rhinoceros can run faster than an Olympic sprinter? That a monarch butterfly flies up to eighty miles a day? All of these animals — and many more, from tigers to elephants to polar bears, orangutans to dolphins, penguins to sea turtles — are disappearing, threatened by deforestation, poaching, fishing nets, global warming, and more. After enjoying the book’s eye-catching, dramatic format, kids can follow the simple suggestions offered to help save the animals.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:22 -0400)

Find out about endanged animals and what you can do to help protect them.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,463,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible