How the World Works: A Hands-On Guide to Our…

How the World Works: A Hands-On Guide to Our Amazing Planet

by Christian Dorion

Great information, engaging illustrations. This book "wowed" my students and several have written the title down so they can check it out at their local library. Great book to read bits and pieces each day to extend knowledge. ( )
  leighle5 | Feb 3, 2014 |
This was a very clever pop up book with different interactions with items you pulled and turned and lifted and it was very informative on how things work in the world.
  Ejcopley | Sep 4, 2012 |
This is a great pop-up / interactive book that gives a brief overview of the many aspects of Earth. From the creation of our world to Earth's timeline, plate tectonics, the water & carbon cycle, photosynthesis and the food web, this book is a great way to engage students in topics before learning about them! ( )
  cdrake | Sep 6, 2011 |

How do the ocean currents move? What is a carbon footprint? Why does it rain? Readers are invited on a novelty-packed journey of discovery to find out how the earth works.

Answering a multitude of questions about how our world works, this fun, engaging book introduces the earth’s important cycles and offers an exciting way to learn geography and science. Packed with illustrations and paper fold-outs, flaps, pops, and more to boost interactive learning, HOW THE WORLD WORKS encourages children to think about the impact of human actions on our environment, while engendering respect for the natural world and all its harmonies.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:12 -0400)

Answering a multitude of questions about how our world works, this fun, engaging book introduces the earth's important cycles and offers an exciting way to learn geography and science. Packed with illustrations and paper fold-outs, flaps, pops, and more to boost interactive learning, How the World Works encourages children to think about the impact of human actions on our environment, while engendering respect for the natural world and all its harmonies.… (more)

Templar Books

An edition of this book was published by Templar Books.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,988,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible