We Planted a Tree by Diane Muldrow

We Planted a Tree

by Diane Muldrow

104None115,531 (4.09)None
    This Tree Counts! by Alison Formento (sweetiegherkin)
    sweetiegherkin: Both picture books do a good job of introducing children to the benefits of nature, specifically what functions trees serve.

I like how this book show people from two different places (city and farm) do the exact same thing--plant a tree. The book shows children how trees benefit people in different places. It is a good book to help students connect to the nature.
  joshuachanyh | Nov 29, 2013 |
We Planted a Tree was picked out at just the right time because we just recently celebrated Earth Day, and as I write this review it is currently Arbor Day. This story is about one family who plant a tree in there yard in the city and then the story starts to travel around the world to many different countries, with many different families and the trees that they have planted. The illustrations in this were very interesting and reminded me of comic that I use to read in the Washington Post back home. This book introduces the importance of trees and nature and how important they are to our existence. A very nice book that I recommend on days of the year like Earth Day! ( )
1 vote christian.mehalic | Apr 26, 2013 |
"We planted a tree,
And that one tree
Made the wrold better."

Wonderful!!! ( )
1 vote Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
This book is about two people who live in different parts of the old and they both plant a tree. it teaches you how trees grow in different areas. and what the tree does for the earth and us.
Age 3-6
1 vote krystinarudnick | Mar 12, 2013 |
In this delightful picture book, families plant trees and watch the trees grow along with themselves. As time passes, the families see all the benefits of planting a tree, including shade, cleaner air, soil restoration, etc. While it obviously serves to send a message, the text itself is not heavy-handed but allows for parents and educators to open up a conversation about sustainability and environmental impacts. The colorful, cartoon-like illustrations are a charming addition, and no doubt children will enjoy the exotic scenery such as a busy Parisian landscape as well as the fun little details like the family pets (a cat and a dog in the U.S.; a goat in Africa). Overall, this is a fine addition to any school, public, or family library. ( )
1 vote sweetiegherkin | Oct 12, 2011 |

We planted a tree and it grew up,

While it reached for the sky and the sun. . . .

In this simple poem illustrated by award winner Bob Staake, two young families in two very different parts of the world plant a tree. As the trees flourish, so do the families . . . while trees all over the world help clean the air, enrich the soil, and give fruit and shade.

With a nod to Kenya’s successful Green Belt Movement, Diane Muldrow’s elegant text celebrates the life and hope that every tree—from Paris to Brooklyn to Tokyo—brings to our planet. Perfect for young readers!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:23 -0400)

Simple text reveals the benefits of planting a single tree, both to those who see it grow and to the world as a whole.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,435,084 books! | Top bar: Always visible