In the Still of the Night: The Strange Death…

In the Still of the Night: The Strange Death of Ronda Reynolds and Her… (2010)

by Ann Rule

On December 16, 1998, Ronda Reynolds died from a gun shot to the head. All the evidence pointed to homicide, but for whatever reasons, the Lewis County Police Department refused to see otherwise, and deemed her death a suicide.

Ronda's mother knew that her daughter would never commit suicide and has made it her mission in life to seek justice for Ronda.

In 2009, a jury overturned the coroner's decision that Ronda's death was a suicide.

The prime suspects remain Ronda's soon-to-be estranged husband, Ronald Reynolds: her stepson, Jonathan Reyolds; and her husband's ex-wife, Katie H. Reynolds.

To this day, Ronda's murder remains unsolved. Unfortunately, the investigation wasn't handled as if Ronda's death was a homicide, and the scene was not secured. Some evidence was lost, thrown away, perhaps never noticed, and interviews weren't done as they should've been. It seems unlikely that Ronda's killer(s) will ever be convicted.

https://krazykillers.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/25337/ ( )
  shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
After a certain point, just skimmed it. ( )
  papertygers | Sep 26, 2013 |
Account of Barbara Thompson's quest to have her daughter's death ruled a homicide instead of a suicide. The case goes for more than a decade, so at the time of the writing there is no charges filed against the suspected husband or son. ( )
1 vote CarterPJ | Jul 4, 2013 |
I had a difficult time staying with this book and finishing it, although I'm a big fan of Ann Rule. Perhaps I was frustrated by the lack of answers after all these years. If I feel that way, I can't even imagine what it must be like for the mother of Ronda Reynolds. Because the case has not been resolved, this was not a typical Ann Rule book. I like when she draws clear pictures of all the people involved and takes the reader along as the pieces of the puzzle come together. This case remains murky as do the backgrounds and true character of some of the main players. So although I felt a great deal of empathy towards Ronda Reynold's strong and resilient mother, I was a little disappointed in the book. Even so, I'm glad Ann Rule wrote it because it may help find justice for Ronda someday. ( )
1 vote TheLoopyLibrarian | May 15, 2013 |
This was not my favorite Ann Rule book. I appreciated reading it, but found it to be very repetitive. I understand trying to get the victim's story told and what it means to the victim's family, but this should have been much shorter. ( )
1 vote Barb_H | Apr 2, 2013 |

From true-crime legend Ann Rule comes this riveting story of a young woman whose life ended too soon, and a determined mother's eleven-year crusade to clear her daughter's name.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,364,136 books! | Top bar: Always visible