The Shame of Me, One Man's Journey to…

The Shame of Me, One Man's Journey to Depression and Back

by Ryan Lefebvre

3None2,001,085NoneNone
Recently added byDaniel.Sipes, Jthierer, soxfaninkc

No reviews

"I am alone, trembling on the floor in my closet. It is dark. There is no sound. I picture the cars driving away. They are leaving…that image. I begin to sob, breaking the silence. They are leaving. I am alone."

Kansas City Royals' broadcaster Ryan Lefebvre seems to have it all - a dream sports job of announcing Major League Baseball, a huge house on a lake, plenty of expensive toys, good looks, and the admiration of friends and fans. But depression is seldom deterred by such superficial trappings. And depression's grip on Ryan was so strong and so unyielding that he nearly ended his life.

In one moment, he's a glib play-by-play announcer…the next, he's a tormented soul on the floor of his closet. And that's just the beginning of The Shame of Me, the spell-binding story of Ryan's descent into the darkness of depression, his courageous struggle to recover, and his new perspectives on living a balanced and healthy life.

Told with intimacy and immediacy, Ryan's story is a must-read for anyone who has ever struggled with inner doubts. It is especially powerful for men who may be feeling lost, but are too embarrassed to confront their problems. Ryan, the son of former Major League player and manager Jim Lefebvre, and co-author Jefferey Flanagan take us through living hell before Ryan's recovery and redemption give us hope for anyone who suff ers from the debilitating disease Major Depressive Disorder.

The Shame of Me represents Ryan's sincere wish to help others by sharing his shocking story.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:18 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,440,203 books! | Top bar: Always visible