Monster Hunter Vendetta by Larry Correia

Monster Hunter Vendetta (edition 2010)

by Larry Correia

Member:lesliej
Title:Monster Hunter Vendetta
Authors:Larry Correia
Info:Baen (2010), Edition: Original, Mass Market Paperback, 656 pages
Collections:ebooks
Tags:ebook, urban fantasy

Monster Hunter Vendetta by Larry Correia

English (16)  German (1)  All languages (17)
This series READS like a really well - run roleplaying game PLAYS, when the stars are right. The temptation to write a fantasy story or novel based on a game campaign has to have tempted thousands of gamer guys & gals over the years, and those of us who have considered (or tried) it know that it's not nearly as easy as it seems, nor does the audience really like the idea as much as we do! (Darn their judgmental eyes!)

Correia pulls this off admirably, and I'm left feeling like I've just taken part in a fantastic game or campaign, and that it's been a fun ride!

I love the writing in this series, the pacing, the characterization, and the settings, and above all, I enjoy the Lovecraftian touches that elevate the series, for me, to the mental shelf I have set aside specifically for authors whose Mythos contributions I particularly relish! ( )

CorinasQuill | Aug 31, 2014 |
"When monsters have nightmares, they're dreaming about us." - MHI Company Handbook
This novel is dedicated to Diamantine.
It was less than a year ago that the illusion shattered and I got my welcome to the real world.

"Accountant turned professional monster hunter, Owen Zastava Pitt, managed to stop the nefarious Old One's invasion plans last year, but as a result made an enemy out of one of the most powerful beings in the universe. Now an evil death cult known as the Church of the Temporary Mortal Condition wants to capture Owen in order to gain the favor of the great Old Ones"--Author's website.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,334,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible