Ten Thoughts About Time by Bodil Jönsson

Ten Thoughts About Time

by Bodil Jönsson

English (4)  Finnish (1)  All (5)
It seems appropriate to state that I managed to read this book in about an hour and a half. Now that I've read it, I am unsure whether it met my expectations or not, or even what those expectations were, if I had any. I found it concisely thought-provoking and I take my strangely satisfied confusion as a plus point. ( )
  Tselja | Sep 1, 2010 |
Organization & Administration
  Biovitrum | Jul 21, 2010 |
Useful in modifying attitudes towards time
  carlos_v_jugo | Dec 31, 2005 |
Some wonderful thoughts on time and how we use it.
  Words | Nov 21, 2005 |
I have been thinking about time, the subject of this book, on and off for the last twenty years or so, and my thoughts have already been aired in letters and conversations, articles, lectures, radio broadcasts and books.

I don't hero-worship people as a rule, but Granny, my father's mother, is an exception.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 184529050X, Paperback)

Ever since the equation Time = Money came into use, Western society has bought the notion of 'saving time' and, by implication, money. Living in a world ruled by the clock, and living longer, with a host of technological advances designed to help us, we still often end up running harder to stay in the same place - and running out of time. Bodil Jonsson shows how the arrival of measured, accurate timekeeping became first our tool then our master. Neither pure philosophy, still less physics or a business text on time management, her inspiring book has elements of all three. With brevity, humour and insight, she encourages a new and positive relationship with time, to make it not our traditional enemy but our friend.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:45 -0400)

Western society, and increasingly the rest of the world too, is ruled by the clock. Jonsson observes how the arrival of measured, accurate timekeeping became first our tool, and then our master. We now live longer on average than ever before, yet most of us feel we have no time.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,389,284 books! | Top bar: Always visible