Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz

Blue Bloods (original 2009; edition 2006)

by Melissa de la Cruz

Member:foggidawn
Title:Blue Bloods
Authors:Melissa de la Cruz
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2006), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:YA, paranormal, romance, vampires, fantasy, read december 2007

Blue Bloods by Melissa De la Cruz (2009)

English (155)  French (1)  All (156)
Schuyler Van Alen, one of New York’s most elite members, has found out she is not who she thinks she is. She and her friends have discovered they are vampires, and they are being hunted. They belong to a secret society called Blue Bloods. The Blue Bloods must find out who is doing the hunting, and figure out how to stop while keeping their secret from the Red Bloods.
The cover is appealing, showing a vampire bite on, what appears to be, and elegant woman’s neck.
Teens who are into mystery, history, and fiction should read this book. ( )
  lchs.mrso | May 22, 2017 |
I picked this up after watching Season 1 of Witches of East End. The author was quoted as saying that her witches series was for her Blue Blood fans as they grew up into adulthood. So I figured it might be a fun read.

It was an okay read. The characters didn't seem to be totally flushed out. The story felt rushed, under-developed. Like watching a movie with big holes and huge scene jumps that don't totally make sense.

I don't think I'll pick up the rest of the books in the series but keep to just watching the tv show. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
This book was interesting. It is kinda two books in one, a history of Plymouth and Roanoke and then also a rich teen vampire drama...not sure if drama is the right word, there really isn't too much suspense.

The book follows a few rich teens in New York, which I found interesting because it seems Schuyler is the main character. The plot begins with everyday things for (rich) teens, like clothing and cliques and then progresses into the history and Blue Blood lineage.

And I keep saying rich for a reason, de la Cruz uses most of her writing to explain the lavish houses, clothes, and lifestyles of these wealthy teens and their powerful families.

I didn't mind the over the top explanations of their wealth as much as that there should have been more plot instead...

I look forward to continuing the storyline though, to see if this gets alleviated or whether their wealth is always at the forefront. ( )
  sszkutak | Sep 28, 2016 |
Lately, it's not often that you find a book about vampires that isn't at least remotely reminiscent of another vampire book or series. It was refreshing to read this new take on the age old myth. I also liked that it seemed sort of a mix up between a vampire book and Gossip Girl! Tossing in those rich snobs and "lower class" kids who don't think they fit in. And a new enemy too, that has me intrigued and itching to start the next book! I'd definitely recommend this book to any lover of the paranormal, young adult books, or just vampires in general! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
This was a re-read, and I forgot how much I loved these characters. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
The family was not simply the sum of the connections created by a large, extended set of relations...a family...was a name, a material and symbolic patrimony, and a form of stakeholding in America..."describing a total lineage, past, present and future."
--Eric Homberger, "Mrs. Astor's New York"
You can't push it underground, You can't stop it screaming out, How did it come to this? You will suck the life out of me....
--Muse, "Time is Running Out"
This book is dedicated to my dad, Bert de la Cruz, true blue in every sense of the word, who has heroes' blood in his veins. This book would not exist without the love, support, insight, and intelligence of my husband, Mike Johnston, to whom I owe everything.
The Bank was a decrepit stone building at the tail end of Houston Street, on the last divide between the gritty East Village and the wilds of the Lower East Side.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142310126X, Paperback)

Schuyler Van Alen is confused about what is happening to her. Her veins are starting to turn blue, and she’s starting to crave raw meat. Soon, her world is thrust into an intricate maze of secret societies and bitter intrigue. Schuyler has never been a part of the trendy crowd at her prestigious New York private school. Now, all of a sudden, Jack Force, the most popular guy in school, is showing an interest in her. And when one of the popular girls is found dead, Schuyler and Jack are determined to get to the bottom of it.

Schuyler wants to find out the secrets of the mysterious Blue Bloods. But is she putting herself in danger? Melissa de la Cruz’s vampire mythology, set against the glitzy backdrop of New York City, is a juicy and intoxicating read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:37 -0400)

Select teenagers from some of New York City's wealthiest and most socially prominent families learn a startling secret about their bloodlines.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,488,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible