Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz

Blue Bloods (original 2009; edition 2006)

by Melissa de la Cruz

Member:foggidawn
Title:Blue Bloods
Authors:Melissa de la Cruz
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2006), Hardcover, 320 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:YA, paranormal, romance, vampires, fantasy, read december 2007

Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz (2009)

English (152)  French (1)  All languages (153)
Lately, it's not often that you find a book about vampires that isn't at least remotely reminiscent of another vampire book or series. It was refreshing to read this new take on the age old myth. I also liked that it seemed sort of a mix up between a vampire book and Gossip Girl! Tossing in those rich snobs and "lower class" kids who don't think they fit in. And a new enemy too, that has me intrigued and itching to start the next book! I'd definitely recommend this book to any lover of the paranormal, young adult books, or just vampires in general! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
This was a re-read, and I forgot how much I loved these characters. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Yesterday I opend the book just to check it out (I already have so many books that I am reading right now) but suddenly 3 hours had passed and I reached chapter 23!! It is really good, part Vampire (something like The Immortal Instrenments), part Gossip Girl :)
To tell u the truth, I didn't like the whole idea of angles (the good ones) roaming the earth as blood-thursty vampires. so I droped a star, other then that I guess the story is cool. but not the best out there.

Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes to the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates. But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler's life changes dramatically. And in the time, she found out something she wished she had never gotten into in the first place. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected ways. And strangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her. Once an outcast, Schuyler is thrust into Manhattan's most powerful exclusive social circle. Its members are the powerful, the wealthy and,-as Schuyler soon discovers-the inhuman. They are Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they've been invincible. Now something is preying on this elite group, and Schuyler wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all? ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
Interesting take on the vampire genre. This is Dracula meets Gossip Girl with a little Luxe thrown in. ( )
  EmilyRokicki | Feb 26, 2016 |
i really liked this vamp book it was different than the ones I have read so far (Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse) I liked the idea that they were angels that were trying to redeem themselves ( )
  LaBla | Feb 6, 2016 |
The family was not simply the sum of the connections created by a large, extended set of relations...a family...was a name, a material and symbolic patrimony, and a form of stakeholding in America..."describing a total lineage, past, present and future."
--Eric Homberger, "Mrs. Astor's New York"
You can't push it underground, You can't stop it screaming out, How did it come to this? You will suck the life out of me....
--Muse, "Time is Running Out"
This book is dedicated to my dad, Bert de la Cruz, true blue in every sense of the word, who has heroes' blood in his veins. This book would not exist without the love, support, insight, and intelligence of my husband, Mike Johnston, to whom I owe everything.
The Bank was a decrepit stone building at the tail end of Houston Street, on the last divide between the gritty East Village and the wilds of the Lower East Side.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142310126X, Paperback)

Schuyler Van Alen is confused about what is happening to her. Her veins are starting to turn blue, and she’s starting to crave raw meat. Soon, her world is thrust into an intricate maze of secret societies and bitter intrigue. Schuyler has never been a part of the trendy crowd at her prestigious New York private school. Now, all of a sudden, Jack Force, the most popular guy in school, is showing an interest in her. And when one of the popular girls is found dead, Schuyler and Jack are determined to get to the bottom of it.

Schuyler wants to find out the secrets of the mysterious Blue Bloods. But is she putting herself in danger? Melissa de la Cruz’s vampire mythology, set against the glitzy backdrop of New York City, is a juicy and intoxicating read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:37 -0400)

Select teenagers from some of New York City's wealthiest and most socially prominent families learn a startling secret about their bloodlines.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,756,580 books! | Top bar: Always visible