Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, Book 1) by Melissa…

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, Book 1) (original 2009; edition 2007)

by Melissa De La Cruz

Member:gabbyhernandez
Title:Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, Book 1)
Authors:Melissa De La Cruz
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2007), Edition: Book 1, Paperback, 336 pages

Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz (2009)

English (138)  French (1)  All languages (139)
Picked this up since my daughter just finished reading it for reading class. Actually pretty shocked that it is in the jr High library....but that is a different story...

TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
Is it me or did 95% of this book happen in the last 10% of the book? The first 90% seemed to be endless answer-less questions that I guess were designed to draw the reader in. And since I read the whole thing I guess they did their job. I am happy to report that questions are answered and things do come together to make sense but it does take a while to get to that point. I am interested in see what happens the next installment. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
This book was definitely acceptable. It wasn't too cheesy or trite, and not that similar to every other vampire book out there. My one beef is that the book definitely ends on a cliffhanger and there are pretty much no resolved story lines. This means you have to get the next book. I would have rather read one longer book than be made to buy multiples. ( )
  kateminasian | Nov 22, 2014 |
Life was weird enough for Schuyler Van Alen, living alone with her grandmother in an old, drafty mansion and attending an exclusive high school for the incredibly rich. She doesn’t fit in anywhere, but weird doesn’t begin to cut it when she finds out she’s a Blue Blood – a select group of powerful vampires that have populated the New World since the settling of Plymouth Colony.

Read the rest of the review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2013/09/01/blue-bloods-melissa-de-la-cru... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Sep 26, 2014 |
I`m so glad I have Masquerade! This book was awesome, I`m so excited to read the rest of the series! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
The family was not simply the sum of the connections created by a large, extended set of relations...a family...was a name, a material and symbolic patrimony, and a form of stakeholding in America..."describing a total lineage, past, present and future."
--Eric Homberger, "Mrs. Astor's New York"
You can't push it underground, You can't stop it screaming out, How did it come to this? You will suck the life out of me....
--Muse, "Time is Running Out"
This book is dedicated to my dad, Bert de la Cruz, true blue in every sense of the word, who has heroes' blood in his veins. This book would not exist without the love, support, insight, and intelligence of my husband, Mike Johnston, to whom I owe everything.
The Bank was a decrepit stone building at the tail end of Houston Street, on the last divide between the gritty East Village and the wilds of the Lower East Side.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142310126X, Paperback)

Schuyler Van Alen is confused about what is happening to her. Her veins are starting to turn blue, and she’s starting to crave raw meat. Soon, her world is thrust into an intricate maze of secret societies and bitter intrigue. Schuyler has never been a part of the trendy crowd at her prestigious New York private school. Now, all of a sudden, Jack Force, the most popular guy in school, is showing an interest in her. And when one of the popular girls is found dead, Schuyler and Jack are determined to get to the bottom of it.

Schuyler wants to find out the secrets of the mysterious Blue Bloods. But is she putting herself in danger? Melissa de la Cruz’s vampire mythology, set against the glitzy backdrop of New York City, is a juicy and intoxicating read.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:37 -0400)

Select teenagers from some of New York City's wealthiest and most socially prominent families learn a startling secret about their bloodlines.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,932,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible