Invisible Murder by Lene Kaaberbol

Invisible Murder (original 2010; edition 2012)

by Lene Kaaberbol, Agnete Friis

Member:knittingmomof3
Title:Invisible Murder
Authors:Lene Kaaberbol
Other authors:Agnete Friis
Info:Soho Crime (2012), Edition: Reprint, Hardcover, 339 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Mystery, Suspense, Crime, Fiction

Invisible Murder by Lene Kaaberbøl (2010)

English (21)  Danish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (23)
I was listening to this as an audiobook and though the reader is phenomenal, a lot of the names sound the same so it was hard to follow. I think I would enjoy it better as a regular book and being able to see the names in print. So unfortunately I abandoned this book and hope to try again with the hardcover version. Lene is a really good writer and I enjoyed Boy in the Suitcase. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 11, 2016 |
Lately I keep reading books where I truly dislike the main character, and this series is no exception. But despite that, I enjoyed the story very much (as was the case with the first Nina Borg novel).

For me, the start seemed a bit slow but once I was a third of the way in I couldn't put it down. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the next book in the series. ( )
  Melayla | Jun 23, 2016 |
I had previously read and enjoyed the author's first book in this series, The Boy in the Suitcase. I was looking forward to this book but I almost threw in the towel at page 75. The book has so many different plot threads and characters running through dIfferent countries. With so many nationalities and names I was unfamiliar with, it was quite difficult to keep everything straight. I am glad I stuck it out though because once the threads started converging together it made for quite the thriller.

The story starts out with two Roma teenagers finding something abandoned that they think they can sell for a lot of money, unfortunately for them it is radioactive. The action shifts to Denmark with nurse Nina Borg tending to a large group pf Roma's hiding out in a garage. Bad guys are after the radioactive substance and Nina gets tangled up in the plot to sell it.

This book was very topical and explored many issues such as terrorism, immigration, and sex trafficking. It was interesting to read about how the people from Hungary were received in Denmark when everyday in the news you see how Hungary is treating the people fleeing from Syria. This book should be read if for no other reason than to broaden your world view. On top of that it is a taut thriller, at least when you get to the end. ( )
  arielfl | Sep 23, 2015 |
In the ruins of an abandoned Soviet military hospital in northern Hungary, two impoverished Roma boys are scavenging for old supplies or weapons to sell on the black market when they stumble upon something more valuable than they ever could have anticipated. The resulting chain of events threatens to blow the lives of a frightening number of people.

Meanwhile, in Denmark, Red Cross nurse Nina Borg puts her life and family on the line when she tries to treat a group of Hungarian Gypsies who are living illegally in a Copenhagen garage. What are they hiding, and what is making them so sick? Nina is about to learn how high the stakes are among the desperate and the deadly.

Not having read the first book I came to this not knowing the back story which I feel did hamper my enjoyment. Not fair to mark it down as it was was written and I enjoyed learning about the Roma and the issues they face.

Don't know if I engaged enough to seek out the Boy in the Suitcase.... ( )
  jan.fleming | Feb 9, 2015 |
A surprising denouement to a plot that twisted and turned. ( )
  AntT | Jan 24, 2015 |

Lene Kaaberbølprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Friis, AgneteAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
chase, taraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Danish Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Måske finder vi en pistol, sagde Piktin og sigtede med pegefingeren på vagthuset ved porten.

The second installment in the bestselling Danish crime series starring Red Cross nurse Nina Borg, following Fall 2011's New York Times–bestselling The Boy in the Suitcase

In the ruins of an abandoned Soviet military hospital in northern Hungary, two impoverished Roma boys are scavenging for old supplies or weapons they could sell on the black market when they find more than they ever anticipated. The resulting chain of events threatens to blow the lives of a frightening number of people into bits and pieces.

In this feverishly anticipated follow-up to 2011’s critically acclaimed The Boy in the Suitcase, Danish Red Cross nurse Nina Borg doesn’t realize she is putting life and family on the line when she tries to treat a group of sick Hungarian gypsies who are living illegally in a Copenhagen garage. Nina has unwittingly thrown herself into a deadly nest of the unscrupulous and the desperate, and what is at stake is much more terrifying than anyone had realized.

Red Cross nurse Nina Borg risks her marriage to assist her friend Peter at a camp of mysteriously ill Roma refugee children whose circumstances prove more complicated and dangerous than originally believed.

38 wanted2 pay4 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,369,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible