The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly,…

The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1)

by Megan Derr

Maybe it's because I've followed a band up and down the Sunset Strip, but I luv a Rock/Band inspired story. Example: Red Tainted Silence, The Curtis Resurrection, and Heaven Sent Series. The Missing Butterfly is a wonderful, pull at your heart-string story. (A tissue maybe needed by some. Not me. Honest ) I know that it's one that I will read time and time again just to put a smile on my face.

A note: This book does NOT contain explicit sex scene. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
Who doesn't love a good band!fic? Who?

Cassidy had to give up his rock and roll dreams with the death of his parents and his determination to keep his siblings together. At eighteen years old, he discovers that his parents had left debts he has to pay off and he has to change his life plans to keep his brother and sister with him.

Nine years later, he's working as an office drone with the hots for his boss. He goes out on occasion to sing karaoke or play pool, but basically he lives his life as though it's already over. He's "a never has been" and has given up any thoughts of being anything else. Except Malcolm Osborne has an eye on Cassidy.

Sweet man with a bad boy image he tries to hide behind a suit and tie, and the gorgeous millionaire that falls for him. Cute and touching, for those that love a romance with an HEA. ( )
  HarperKingsley | Nov 13, 2013 |
Loved this so much; happy book sigh when finishing makes a great day. The couple of editing errors were distracting and stopped a higher rating. 4.5 stars. ( )
  crankypants16 | Sep 23, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book! This was a book about a relationship, rather than a series of sex scenes. Malcolm Osborne just has to be one of the sexiest alpha males I have read lately. He is strong, but at the same time he is vulnerable and attracted to the "bad boys". Cassidy Monarch is a "bad boy" who has had to put off his dreams of being a rock star to raise his siblings.

This is such a warm story. With just enough spice! ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
3,5 stars. Nice, little cinderella story, though unprobable with a whole lot of convenient coincidences. What bugged me a bite were the many typos (maybe I am especially bugged because I am no native speaker and it confuses me often when the sentence structure or spelling is divergent from what I expect...).
I found most characters in this book well described and likable, but the "prince" in this story was a little over the top (too pretty - or at least his prettiness was mentioned too often - great character and millionaire, no flaws whatsoever...).

But, it was nicely written and included some funny dialogue, so it was a good read overall. ( )
  Tam2603 | Apr 18, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,140,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible