Finding Jeena: A Novel by Miralee Ferrell

Finding Jeena: A Novel

by Miralee Ferrell

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
In “Finding Jeena,” by Miralee Ferrell, we are introduced to young Jeena Gregory as she tries to make her place in the world. The book is a warm story, easy for the reader to relate to, detailing the ups and downs in life we all experience.

The book might be a little preachy, reminding us that what we think will bring us true happiness is not always what will really make us happy. I enjoyed the book very much and recommend it highly.

The plot was good, dialogue crisp and realistic, and the characters were realistic. Like many books, it had its slow spots, but overall, “Finding Jeena” is a good read, and one I recommend. ( )
  dwcofer | Jun 19, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed the story but found it hard to stay interested. You knew how it would end so was not as entertaining. ( )
  seasaw432 | Nov 5, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Jeena Gregory has arrived. A great new job, expensive new car and condo, a perfect new life. What could go wrong? When her well-planned life starts falling apart and shadows of her past come back to haunt her, Jeena must re-examine her heart. Will she like what she finds?

I found this book to be long, kind of boring, and predictable. The writing was okay, but too detailed. Ferrell used the same analogies and thoughts repeatedly, making the story drag on. The message of God's unconditional love was clearly expressed as the main theme of the story, but I had a problem with how it all wrapped up. While it was stated several times that God is not a sort of Santa Claus waiting to grant every request, the moment Jeena turned her life over to Him everything miraculously fell into place. Overall, it was a decent book, but not one I'm likely to recommend. ( )
  AspiringAshley | Sep 6, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Enjoyed the book but found it highly predictable, which caused it to be a bit boring at times. All in all a good storyk though. Ending was a bit "too easy" for real life. ( )
  calliebell | Jul 7, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Finding Jenna is a book about a young lady finding her place in the world. Very good reading. ( )
  onorman | Jun 9, 2010 |

Jeena Gregory’s new job promised big things—new clothes, new townhouse, new car, new furniture. . . in short, a new life. But when rumors around town cast her boss in a shady light, Jeena starts questioning her employer’s integrity. Still, the money is good and his ethics aren’t her concern. Right?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:06 -0400)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Miralee Ferrell's book Finding Jeena was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,913,119 books! | Top bar: Always visible