His Little Black Book by Heather MacAllister

His Little Black Book was my first of the Harlequin Blaze line. I just loved the premise, 3 short stories interconnecting all based out of an advertising agency when a high up sends a private text message to everyone in his phone book! It follows 3 women as they try to get to the company beach house for the "party" he has invited them to, during a hurricane!

All the stories sounded promising and started off great, but by the end of each of them I wasn't convinced by the chemistry between the characters, I think the stories were too short to make much really believable. I wanted more from all of the stories.

The best to me was the last story, Safe Text, because Cammy and Gil had a history, they already knew each other, so that made it most believable that all these feelings, emotions and naughty bits would happen between them. But overall I didn't find any of them hitting the right note for me, everything happened so quickly and ended just like that. I needed more!

All in all, I had fun with this book, great premise but the delivery was a little too quick handed for me. I look forward to trying another full length story from the Blaze line to see how I like it! ( )
  mint910 | Mar 20, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373795319, Mass Market Paperback)

1 wrong text message + 1 impending hurricane = 1 sexy surprise for 3 couples!

Text and the Single Girl

Sophie Callahan is angling to move up the corporate ladder...and attending a client party is her ticket. But she doesn't count on being trapped by the hurricane with sexy entrepreneur Adrian Dean. Suddenly, "riding out the storm" sounds like a very good idea...

Text Appeal

When Mia Weiss skids off the road en route to the party, hottie Kevin Powell comes to her rescue. Only he's not her ideal savior. He's abrupt, a little grouchy...and, oh yeah, the best lover Mia's ever had!

Safe Text

Being the assistant to a demanding boss is running Cammy Phillips ragged. But Gil Shaughnessy, Cammy's former partner, has the perfect cure in mind...and it involves getting Cammy more deliciously worked up than the hurricane raging outside!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:18 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,084,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible