The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood

The Quiet Book

by Deborah Underwood

29 months - the illustrations are cute and some parts are humorous but some of the quiet moments seemed like a bit of a stretch. We preferred "Quiet Loud" for this topic. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
When I was a little kid I had a book called "Martin's Quiet Book" that my Auntie Anne made for me out of a quilt and you could match shapes with snaps and braid a girl's braid and put facial features on a clown and such. It was the best book ever and in comparison this volume of different types of quiet, while tweely inventive, isn't really in the same league. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Sep 12, 2015 |
Sometimes the characters' expression (facial and body language) didn't help illustrate the text. And it would have been nice if each character had its own personality - they were just generically cute, imo. What does kind of quiet is 'jelly side down quiet,' anyway? ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
This was a cute and relate-able book for children as it tells of all the types of quiet they may see in their days. Some are funny and some are sad, but they all are illustrated to be simple not drawing in too much emotion to be to sad. I think this would be a great book for children to see that what they go through is common. Also, a teacher or parent could utilize this by speaking quietly and reading it before nap time or bedtime as the book ends with "Sound asleep quiet". Not too much adventure happens, but from reading it I felt a sense of calm and I think children will feel that too with an adults soothing voice reading it showing neutral and simple pictures.
  TessaB28 | Mar 15, 2015 |
This book shows how to use the word quiet in many different situations. I would use this book for beginning readers to show vocabulary words to the students. The students could see how the word is used in different situations to help them understand words are just used in one context. ( )
  AliciaFine | Jun 8, 2014 |
For Sarah, with love --D.U.
To my editor Kate, for her support and trust -- R.L.

Soft cuddly animals walk the reader through a day of different kinds of "quiet" like "Swimming under water quiet" or "First look at your new hairstyle quiet"

From the quiet of being the first one awake in the morning to "sweet dreams quiet" when the last light is turned off, simple text explores the many kinds of quiet that can exist during the day.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,875,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible