The Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood

The Quiet Book

by Deborah Underwood

This book shows how to use the word quiet in many different situations. I would use this book for beginning readers to show vocabulary words to the students. The students could see how the word is used in different situations to help them understand words are just used in one context. ( )
  AliciaFine | Jun 8, 2014 |
I love this book. When I'm tired and irritated and the world is just too loud I go to this book and find a peaceful quiet place. This book has beautiful illustration and a wonderful story line. Brings back wonderful memories ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Beautiful, cozy illustrations add to the quiet calm of this book. ( )
  BreanneG | Feb 4, 2014 |
When I got my hands on this book, I completely feel in love and strongly feel more books should be more like this, because this is what a book is suppose to be. This book encouraged children to discover the different kinds of emotions behind all different forms of quiet.
  Bettymz | Dec 3, 2013 |
Exploring the many examples of quite. A calm and relaxing read full of simple phrases that create a sense of imagery and emotion for the reader. ( )
  tmaslen | Jun 12, 2013 |
For Sarah, with love --D.U.
To my editor Kate, for her support and trust -- R.L.

Soft cuddly animals walk the reader through a day of different kinds of "quiet" like "Swimming under water quiet" or "First look at your new hairstyle quiet"

From the quiet of being the first one awake in the morning to "sweet dreams quiet" when the last light is turned off, simple text explores the many kinds of quiet that can exist during the day.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,368,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible