Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel

Silverwing (original 1997; edition 1999)

by Kenneth Oppel (Author)

Series: Silverwing Trilogy (1)

When a newborn bat named Shade but sometimes called "Runt" becomes separated from his colony during migration, he grows in ways that prepare him for even greater journeys.
Member:EileenConnon
Title:Silverwing
Authors:Kenneth Oppel (Author)
Info:Aladdin (1999), 224 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel (1997)

"Shade is a young silverwing bat, the runt of his colony. But he's determined to prove himself on the long, dangerous winter migration to Hibernaculum, millions of wingbeats to the south. During a fierce storm, he loses the others and soon faces the most incredible journey of his young life."

"The perfect adventure for a noble hero." -School Library Journal
  NoraLarabeeLibrary | Aug 26, 2020 |
One of my favorites, even re-reading years later it's just as good as the first time. ( )
  Linyarai | Feb 16, 2020 |
In the tradition of other children’s animal books, like Watership Down, Silverwing is often amusing and bizarre and brutal, though it unfortunately often drags without wings. ( )
  Birdo82 | Oct 3, 2019 |
Fun read, my 11yo also enjoyed it. ( )
  yonitdm | Sep 5, 2019 |
I'm not sure what I expected from this book, but somehow, it was a let down. Maybe I just didn't feel like reading about bats. Perhaps, after the suspense of Night Film, it just didn't have nearly the same amount of drive in the story. Whatever it was, I was bored.

That said, I can tell why a lot of people love these books! I just didn't. ( )
  Wordbrarian | Mar 5, 2019 |
For Sophia
Skimming over the banks of the stream, Shade heard the beetle warming up its wings.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,529,430 books! | Top bar: Always visible