Six By Seuss - A Treasury of Dr. Seuss…

Six By Seuss - A Treasury of Dr. Seuss Classics (edition 1991)

920None9,468 (4.54)7
Member:aubreylively
Title:Six By Seuss - A Treasury of Dr. Seuss Classics
Authors:
Info:
Tags:juvenile, FIAR, easy, horton hatches the egg, and to think i saw it on mulberry street, the 500 hats, yertle the turtle, how the grinch stole christmas, the lorax, sonlight, core p3/4, BLUE

Six by Seuss: A Treasury of Dr. Seuss Classics by Dr. Seuss

And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street - I love this story! It could be used to teach kids about adding details to their writing, and it definitely encourages kids to use their imaginations.

The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins - An entertaining story about a boy who keeps trying to take off his hat but another appears.

Horton Hatches the Egg - A story about a faithful elephant who keeps is word by sitting on an egg for 51 weeks until it hatches.

Yertle the Turtle - This tells the story of an oppressive turtle king who literally climbs on top of other turtles to make his kingdom even bigger...until one turtle burps and the throne of turtles comes crashing down.

Gertrude McFuzz - This is about a bird who's jealous of another bird's tail feathers, but she learns the hard way to be content with who she is.

The Big Brag - A silly story about a bear and a rabbit who argue about who is better.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas! - A classic story about how Christmas is about much more than presents.

The Lorax - A story about the conservation of resources and the importance of caring about the environment. ( )
  JennB15 | Dec 10, 2013 |
I was reminded recently that I should hang on to my child-part because it is too important to lose track of. Thinking of that I picked up this book which has been on my shelf for years. I had to take the wrap off before I read it. I bought it because one of the stories The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins was a favorite of mine before I turned ten. It is still a very good story. Bartholomew goes into town with some cranberries to sell and when the king comes by he takes off his hat but there is still one on his head. The king gets very upset but no matter how often Bartholomew takes off his hat he still has one on his head. He gets sent to the executioner, but he refuses to cut off Bartholomew's head because he can't get his hat off. As he takes off more hats each new one becomes more ornate with jewels and feathers. The 500th hat is so magnificent the king buys it for 500 pieces of gold. When Bartholomew hands the king that hat his head is finally bare.
The book also contains Horton Hatches the Egg, "I meant what I said and I said what I meant an elephant's faithful one hundred percent." Then the egg hatches and an elephant with wings comes out. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is probably the best known story because of the television show. The last story The Lorax was written in 1971 and is about the spoiling of the environment.
The book has all of the original drawings in full color and Dr. Seuss's verse is very entertaining. Reading these stories put a smile on my face and I will always have a place where I can enjoy the child in me. ( )
1 vote wildbill | May 9, 2013 |
No, Our son is not allowed to take this off to college with him. MY BOOK! ( )
  MarthaJeanne | Jul 16, 2010 |
The six titles:
And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street; The 500 hats of Bartholomew Cubbins; Horton hatches the egg; How the Grinch stole Christmas; The Lorax; Yertle the turtle
  sbirkens | Jan 28, 2010 |
I would have this book in my collection if I didn't have a child. But this copy belongs to my daughter Rhiannon who received it in 2008 when she was 4. These stories been one of her most frequent requests. Infact, we usually bring this book with us when we go out of town. These stories are great because they are funny to read but they have an underlying bigger meaning. Her favorites are The Lorax, Horton Hatches the Egg, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Gertrude McFuzz. ( )
1 vote mcarper | Jul 19, 2009 |
When I leave home to walk to school, Dad always says to me, "Marco, keep your eyelids up and see what you can see."

Includes:
* Yertle the Turtle;
* The Lorax;
* How the Grinch Stole Christmas;
* The 500 Hats;
* Horton Hatches an Egg; and
* To Think I Saw It On Mulberry Street

Dr. Seuss's magic elixir may--or may not--prolong life, but it is a fact that it makes you feel a whole lot better! Here in one glorious volume are six of the good doctor's best prescriptions. Not a word or a picture has been omitted or changed. Ranging from his very first book, And to Thing That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, to his prophetic The Lorax, Six by Seuss is the perfect collection to share with the entire family and to pass from generation to generation.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:51:49 -0400)

An anthology of six stories by Dr. Seuss, including "And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street," "The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, " "Horton Hatches the Egg, " "How the Grinch Stole Christmas, " "The Lorax, " and "Yertle the Turtle."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,646 books! | Top bar: Always visible