Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 1 by Kiiro…

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 1

by Kiiro Yumi, Hiro Arikawa (Creator)

Fun, and crazy. Banned books cause the need for heavily armed library patrols. Well done illustrations. I like the love interest thing going on and the struggles. Combat Librarians ! LOL ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Surprisingly good read, I really enjoyed reading this book. This is a manga series with about 8 books. Book 1 was a great introduction to the series. I was hooked instantly by the artwork and storyline. The focus is on libraries and the freedom of information. One group wants to censor what the citizens can read and write while another group (library defenders) fights to save books and materials and public access. There is action and romance and the main character is an interesting female pushing through the ranks to defend the right to read. I can't wait to start book 2! I wonder if there is an anime series based on these books? ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
It was a good beginning to what looks like a fun and exciting series. I like the main character and Sgt. Dojo, their chemistry is fun and silly to watch.

But I totally want to live in this universe, not that the whole major government crackdown on censorship is fun, but to be able to take-up arms to protect "books" is a perfect job for me! ( )
  ThothJ | Dec 4, 2015 |

ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |

ThothJ | Dec 3, 2015 |

Kiiro Yumiprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Arikawa, HiroCreatormain authorall editionsconfirmed
A gentle hand that softly touched my head.

"In the near future, the federal government creates a committee to rid society of books it deems unsuitable. The libraries vow to protect their collections, and with the help of local governments, form a military group to defend themselves---the Library Forces! Iku Kasahara has dreamed of joining the Library Defense Force ever since one of its soldiers stepped in to protect her favorite book from being confiscated in a bookstore when she was younger. But now that she's finally a recruit, she's finding her dream job to be a bit of a nightmare. Especially since her hard-hearted drill instructor seems to have it in for her!"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,554,248 books! | Top bar: Always visible