RIN-NE, Vol. 3 by Rumiko Takahashi

RIN-NE, Vol. 3

by Rumiko Takahashi

Series: Rin-ne (3)

I was given the first four volumes of Rin-ne with the caveat " They're Rumiko Takahashi comics. If you want more of the same Rumiko Takahashi, you'll probably like them." Which was fairly accurate - I came in to manga with Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku, and Rin-ne really does feel like just getting more of that. Which makes me happy, because I didn't read Saiyuki and haven't gone back to the older stuff for years, and I love Takahashi's style, so I was ready for more, and it was like meeting a good friend again for the first time. But it is definitely just another Rumiko Takahashi manga.

Volume three has a lot more about the Damashigami, who are clearly going to be more important later, and more Rokudo/Rin-ne UST, so it was plenty fun. Also, the Japanese Moaning Myrtle shows up!
  melannen | Oct 4, 2010 |

"A boy from Sakura's past appears, hoping to win a date with her. But the ghost of another lovelorn boy leads to an unexpected triple date. Can an exorcism take place at an amusement park? Does Rinne have feelings for Sakura? Compared to playing the dating game, dealing with angry ghosts and rogue shinigami may be less frightening!" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,079,237 books! | Top bar: Always visible