RIN-NE, Vol. 4 by Rumiko Takahashi

RIN-NE, Vol. 4

by Rumiko Takahashi

Series: Rin-ne (4)

A bit of a light reading that doesn't really compel repeat reading. None the less, strong on the Takahashi humor that makes it worth reading even once. ( )
  timothyl33 | Feb 19, 2011 |
I was given the first four volumes of Rin-ne with the caveat " They're Rumiko Takahashi comics. If you want more of the same Rumiko Takahashi, you'll probably like them." Which was fairly accurate - I came in to manga with Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikkoku, and Rin-ne really does feel like just getting more of that. Which makes me happy, because I didn't read Saiyuki and haven't gone back to the older stuff for years, and I love Takahashi's style, so I was ready for more, and it was like meeting a good friend again for the first time. But it is definitely just another Rumiko Takahashi manga.

In volume 4, we find out a lot more about Rin-Ne's backstory, and there's a sequence in his father's home that reminds me (in a good way!) of Spirited Away, with all sorts of spirits going about their business in the back hallways. Also the first ring-fight of the series, so there's that.
  melannen | Oct 4, 2010 |

While suffering from a cold, Rinne gets a visit from a very strange doctor. The surprise house call leads Rinne, Sakura and Tsubasa to a confrontation with Sabato, Rinne's deadbeat father and president of the evil Damashigami Company! The stage is set for an all-out father-son battle in the afterlife!… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,035,817 books! | Top bar: Always visible