Air Vol. 3: Pureland by G. Willow Wilson

Air Vol. 3: Pureland

by G. Willow Wilson

Series: Air (3)

I only read about half of this, hence the no rating, but I couldn't continue because I just hate Blythe and Zayn so much and the way the stories are written leave me wanting more understanding of the timeline, the characters, and who is good/evil. No one tells anyone anything! ( )
  FlanneryAC | Mar 31, 2013 |
While I still feel that the story is a bit rushed, this volume benefits from slowing down to examine the characters more closely. So while I don't feel that Wilson has earned the reader's belief in the strength of the love tying Blythe and Zayn together, they're both much more richly developed than in the first two volumes. I especially like the idea that they've now both lived through part of the other's life. It reminds me of some of the good things about Lost. ( )
  jawalter | Nov 18, 2012 |
The more I read of this series the more I love it. Amelia Earhart is particularly amazing in this volume. Bechdel: Pass. ( )
  elmyra | Jun 4, 2010 |

"Unholy war. Air gypsies. Double agents. Heavy metal jihadists. They're the fellow travellers on the latest stage of Blythe's incredible journey. When Blythe is confronted with the sinister truth-- or is it? -- about Zayn, the man she loves, she falls into the arms of a handsome scoundrel and embarks on a dangerous mission to Pakistan. There she forges an uneasy alliance with a band of metalheads with machine guns, waging a jihad against the jihadists who've made their home a living hell. As Blythe is pushed to her emotional and physical limits, even her legendary mentor, Amelia Earhart, is powerless to stop her tailspin. As Amelia criss-crosses the globe in search of answers that dwell in her own mysterious past, Zayn returns with foreboding secrets about Blythe's future. Could one of them hold the truth about the love she fears lost? Or has she finally set a course for her own destruction?" -- p. [4] of cover.… (more)

G. Willow Wilson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,329 books! | Top bar: Always visible