The Marks of Cain by Tom Knox

The Marks of Cain

by Tom Knox

Worth the read....but still, only a solid three. The writing has improved, but the idea or as I call it, the 'ah-ha' factor was a little underwhelming. At many points, the plot was unbelievable and insufferable. Not of the supernatural sorts, but the everyday reality sort. I feel this cheats the reader and is lazy of the writer. Not sure if it was deliberate laziness or lack of imagination.

On the flip side, please don't misunderstand my review. Writing is exhaustive work that takes determination and learned skill. Suffice it to say, this is a solid piece of work, markedly better than the last. I solidly enjoyed it and will seek out 'Tom Knox's' next work of fiction: The Lost Godess. ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
while there was plenty of action I found the lead character David really whiny and annoying, I could see why Miguel would want to kill him. ( )
  KarenDuff | Jun 1, 2016 |
First book of this author I have read - had some very interesting twists and turns & good locales. Would recommend.
  SusanBNM | Nov 23, 2014 |
I was concerned I wouldn't like this, I found Knox's first book very violent, to the point where it ruined the story. While this was still a little graphic I really liked it. The setting and the plot were both original and well written and researched, ( )
  cathymoore | Sep 2, 2014 |
This book entertained me, and had a lot going on. Pretty interesting.
The ending seemed a bit underdeveloped and weak to me. The 'shocking reveal' of the story wasn't all that surprising. ( )
  Kari.Hall | Jul 15, 2013 |

When young lawyer David Martinez receives an ancient map from his dying grandfather, the mysteries of his past begin to open up before him. The map leads David into the heart of the dangerous Basque mountains, where a genetic curse lies buried and a frightening secret about the Western world's past is hidden. Meanwhile, London journalist Simon Quinn may have found his big break. A wealthy, elderly woman has been murdered in the most horrific fashion, and another homicide soon follows. Both victims came from villages in the Basque region, both were interred at a top-secret Nazi camp, both have been silenced for what they know about the experiments conducted on the Basques, the Jews, and a dwindling mystical tribe of pre-Caucasian locals called Cagots.… (more)

Plume

An edition of this book was published by Plume.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,984,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible