Eat Prey Love by Kerrelyn Sparks

I've loved Carlos since the book he was introduced, so it was great to finally hear his story. My heart broke hearing about what had happened to his family. I also really enjoyed meeting Caitlyn and learning her past and how she was sort of already tied into this world. I'm intrigued as to how Rajiv will be integrated into the series and anxious to read more about him. I'm also so happy for Shanna and what all of this will mean for her and her family! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I think this is exactly how Ms. Sparks got her groove back. I feel the same energy and love in this story as I did the first story and that is rare once you are so far in a series. I also apparently missed a book here (need to check my shelf) and I didn't feel out of the loop at all. Thank goodness. This book says "Hey, you should have been paying more attention so sexy--so not gay--Carlos all this time.

I adored Carlos and I adored Caitlyn in this story. They are almost opposites yet they are perfect together. I love how Caitlyn is a women, with a gentle, yet strong nature. They juxtapose very well and give her the motherly, loving, vibe which is what I think Ms. Sparks may have been going for. I felt a ton of genuine humor in this story and I am so happy that Carlos and Caitlyn found a happy ending together.

Plot...so this book takes us from the normal townhouse and compound to the jungles of Thialand. It is neat to experience a new place from some of your favorite characters' perspectives. I enjoyed how Ms. Sparks wrote the jungle scenes. I am also very happy we have a new big bad and fugly because Casimir (as horrible as he is) was getting old pretty fast. Can't wait to see where Ms. Sparks takes this new villain.

I will still keep reading, can't stop, next up is Connor's book. FINALLY! ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
I really liked this paranormal romance with the female determined to have her man. It was full of humor and had an exciting ending. Caitlyn is good with languages so takes a job offer from her sister when she is instantly attracted to were-panther Carlos.
  Dawn772 | Jan 29, 2015 |
I have not read all of the books in the Love at Stakes series. Which is fine as each one can really be read as stand alone novels. Although, I have to say that this book is probably one of my favorites. Instantly I fell for Caitlyn and Carlos. The best part was that Carlos is not a vampire but a were-panter. For a change in a vampire series, it was nice to have a different character type like Carlos. Plus, in a way it made more sense and it was more believable that Caitlyn would fall for Carlos. Caitlyn was just getting over her shock that her sister married a vampire and she was not so warm to the idea, so for her to have a love interest in a vampire would have been too predicable. The raw animal attraction was evident between Caitlyn and Carlos. Besides the storyline was a good one. Liked the ending. ( )
  Cherylk | Mar 14, 2014 |
Read for Fun (Kindle/Paperback)
Tracking Books Read Review (Short)
Overall Rating: 5.00
Story Rating: 5.00
Character Rating: 5.00

First Thought when Finished: Eat Prey Love had a sexy shifter and stubborn female that made me laugh, grind my teeth, shake my head, and root for Forever After. TOTAL WIN!

Book Thoughts: I am slowly catching up on the Love at Stake series. So far, I haven't been disappointed once. Carlos and Caitlyn were a match made in Paranormal Heaven! They both had hearts of gold and a stubborn streak a mile long. I love watching couples that have a great push/pull relationship because when that band whips them together you know there are sparks. Eat Prey Love was totally sexy, hot, and fun! ( )
  thehistorychic | Dec 5, 2013 |
In memory of all the beloved pets who filled our lives with joy for far too short of a time- Leisl, Precious, Megan, and Lestat, the original Mr. Foofkins.
Caitlyn had been warned to never come near this place. Gutsy or foolish, she didn't know which category she fell into but it was too late to worry about that now. She had arrived.

Wanted: Bride. Must love children. Mortals need not apply.

Carlos Panterra is looking for a mate, a woman who will love and care for the young orphans he's recently taken under his wing (or paw, as the case may be). When the shape shifter spies the beautiful Caitlyn, it's like sunshine amidst the darkness. At last, he's found the perfect woman, except . . .

Caitlyn Whelan is mortal. Worse, her father is the head of a CIA agency bent on hunting the undead. Still, Caitlyn knows that Carlos is the man for her, shape shifter or not. So she jumps at the chance when her sister offers her a job to work with him, determined to show Carlos their attraction is more than just animal magnetism. But danger lurks in the night, and their unleashed, untamed passion might just get them both killed . . .

Carlos Panterra is looking for a mate, a woman who will love and care for the young orphans he's recently taken under his wing (or paw, as the case may be). When the shape shifter spies the beautiful Caitlyn, it's like sunshine amidst the darkness. At last, he's found the perfect woman, except . .Caityn Whelan is mortal. Worse, her father is the head of a CIA agency bent on hunting the undead. Still, Caitlyn knows that Carlos is the man for her, shape shifter or not. So she jumps at the chance when her sister offers her a job to work with him, determined to show Carlos their attraction is more than just animal magnetism. But danger lurks in the night, and their unleashed, untamed passion might just get them both killed . . .… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,271 books! | Top bar: Always visible