My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions by Becca…

My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions

by Becca Wilhite

Reviewed by Ashley B for TeensReadToo.com

Sarah Howard is starting her first year at university. She is ready to blend in like she always has. She expects things to be the same as usual. What she doesn't expect is Ben, a hottie in her Art History class, to become interested in her.

Sarah believes herself to be average, except for her crazy Medusa hair. So, when Ben starts hanging around more, she just plays along, knowing that it is too good to be true, and he will realize his mistake soon. They always do, right?

Once getting started, it was hard to stop reading this novel. The story was incredibly believable, from the cheesy lines to the nerves of an unexpected relationship. During the whole book, I felt as though Sarah just didn't get it, and she didn't. The way she thought got a little old, because it was obvious that Ben was interested, and he wasn't giving up on her easily.

As the reader, I got angry at Sarah because she couldn't get it out of her head that there are guys out there that won't burn you! And Ben was that guy! Together, they were great. The character I wanted to learn more about was Chel, Sarah's best friend. They didn't seem so much like best friends to me. Chel was there for Sarah, but it seemed as though she was just straight to the point, this is what I think and know, good-bye, which is very different from my relationship between my best friends.

Overall, though, MY RIDICULOUS, ROMANTIC OBSESSIONS was a totally enjoyable, cute, and fast read. ( )
1 vote | GeniusJen | Feb 27, 2010 |

A handsome boy wants to be friends with an average girl who wonders--why the interest in her?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,387,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible