Everything Is Going to Kill Everybody: The…

Everything Is Going to Kill Everybody: The Terrifyingly Real Ways the… (2010)

by Robert Brockway

I laughed so hard... never thought the doom of us all could be so funny. Love it!!! ( )
  yougotamber | Aug 22, 2014 |
This is a delightfully frightening book. After a couple of chapters, I thought, "I should stop reading this. It's too depressing and I probably will have bad dreams." Then after a few more chapters, the sheer number of ways that humanity is on the brink of extinction became ludicrous and I was able to laugh at it. There's no sense in worrying too much; we've always been on the brink and will continue to be until one of these things (or something else we've never even considered) wipes us out, and we have very little control over it.

I did not realize until I began reading this that the author is one of the Cracked contributors. I love Cracked.com; it's a great way to learn while laughing. ( )
  glade1 | Aug 12, 2014 |
Cracked is fine if you are into that sort of site, but as a book? No thank you. It's a shame because the topics were really interesting, but the writing was just so bad. ( )
  earthforms | Feb 2, 2014 |
Brockway is a writer for Cracked.com, and this book reads like a really long article for that site. I love Cracked, so this was perfectly fine with me. It was a bit androcentric, like Cracked, but it was still enjoyable despite me having breasts. The only problem was the subject matter -- holy crap am I going to have nightmares about some of the apocalyptic scenarios presented in the book. Still, it was a fun read, and I hope Brockway writes another book soon. ( )
1 vote SwitchKnitter | Nov 27, 2011 |
This book is dedicated to Meagan, who has had the kindness and decency to not realize she's way out of my league for many years now. It should also be noted that this entire book was her idea. Please direct complaints accordingly.
There is no shortage of modern apocalyptic thought: Some Christians thought that the second coming of Jesus would coincide with the turn of the millennium, for technophobes the Y2K scare was the secular equivalent of Armageddon, and most cults declare the end-times every other Wednesday (and alternating Saturdays), while the new hot apocalypse theory on the block, based on ancient Mayan prophecies, says that the end of days is set for 2012.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,469,876 books! | Top bar: Always visible