Beautiful Things Happen When a Woman Trusts…

Beautiful Things Happen When a Woman Trusts God

by Sheila Walsh

Beautiful Things Happen
When A Woman Trusts God -
Sheila Walsh
Thomas Nelson Publishing
2009
ISBN 978-1-4002-0243-0

This book took me a while to read. Why?

Because I went back and read it a SECOND time!

Yes, I really did.

Thomas Nelson publishing provided me with this book for review. I expected it to be a short read, and one that might have some meaning for me, but I was totally unprepared for how this book spoke to my heart. And to my soul.

Sheila Walsh takes us on a journey meeting various characters from the scriptures, each learning how to trust God completely. All while telling us her story, of learning to let go, and just let God!

Twelve wonderful, enlightening chapters take us on a journey with the likes of the prophetess Anna; Martha - the sister of Mary and Lazarus; the apostle Paul - formerly known as Saul; the widow Tabitha; Gideon; Joseph - son of Jacob; Samson; Nicodemua and Joseph of Arimathea; and Abraham.

Sheila Walsh opens up about her past, and the time she spent in a psychiatric hospital, and how she had to learn to trust God to move beyond the pain in her life.

Beautiful Things Happen When A Woman Trusts God is a read that will change lives. Forever.

I highly recommend this read for women, and men, who have ever encountered a doubting and confronting time in their lives. It will assist you in making that step closer to trusting completely and wholly in our Abba God.

**Disclosure: Thomas Nelson Publishing provided me with this book for review. No compensation for review was made. All opinions of this text are entirely and wholly my own. ( )
  texicanwife | Mar 11, 2010 |
This is a book about how hard it can be but how rewarding it is to trust God. The author uses real life examples and people from the Bible who faced similar examples to show how God is always faithful and it is never too late to trust. The writing is well done and the points are well made. I am learning that this is an author I can always trust. She is biblical, relevant, practical, and true. In this book she reveals a bit more of her own story, presenting lessons and struggles that are common to so many of us. Then in each chapter she addresses this concern or issue through the life of a person in the Bible. She assumes the story is somewhat familiar but clarifies some good points and shows how their life story reflects trusting God (well or not so well, early or late). I am encouraged and convicted by this book. I recommend it to all women seeking to live godly lives, dealing with brokenness, or needing fulfillment. ****I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own ( )
  lauranav | Feb 24, 2010 |

Most Christian women live with a deep sense that they can't seem to get things right, that if only they could be a little better, life would straighten out. Through her own personal hardships, Sheila Walsh has learned that the Christian life is not about getting things right or back to "normal." She writes, "Christ comes not to get us out of our difficulties but to live in us through them." She wants to show women that God has a stunningly beautiful moment of redemption for them that leads to a lifetime of peace and joy.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible