The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby by Dav…

The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby (2002)

by Dav Pilkey

English (30)  Spanish (1)  All languages (31)
Wonderfully silly! Anything that gets my son to read... although, I have to read this to him since it is set up as a comic book written by 9 year olds. The spelling is mostly phonetic and difficult to decipher for someone just learning to read. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
Dav Pilkey is a witty writer and followers of the Captain Underpants series already knew that. In this spin-off, there are undeniably funny scenes and names such as Starbutts and Deputy Doo-doo. If you want a good laugh, you must read this series as well as the author's other works. This is categorized under children's books but I reckon that this is more appropriate for readers 12 and above. ( )
  fugou | Aug 14, 2017 |
George Beard and Harold Hutchins are two amazing kids. Not only did they create Captain Underpants, but they've saved the world five times! Now George and Harold bring you an all-new superhero who's faster than a speeding stroller, more powerful than a diaper rash, and able to leap tall buildings without making poopy-stinkers.
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
I had mixed feelings about this book after reading it. This was a comic book that I read while growing up. I liked the book because I think that this is a good book to engage students in reading as it is fun and entertaining, especially to boys. The language was very easy to follow along, however, many of the words were intentionally misspelled to make the comic story seem more silly and funny. For example, words such as reunited was spelled "reyunited" and invention was spelled "invenchion." The illustrations were fantastical and ridiculous, but that was what made the book very comical and fun. One down side of this book is that you don't really get much from it apart from laughter. This is a good book to get students interested in reading. ( )
  coh4 | Apr 7, 2017 |
This book gets 4 stars because the author kept jumping from subject to subject which made it difficult to follow. The villain the book has Captain Underpants captive in a laundry room and is getting ready to drain his powers. As the villain drains captain U. powers, Capt. Underpants becomes week, and his super powers go into a bottle sucked out by a powerful ray. As the villain and his side-kick dog have his powers in a bottle, the villain shared the powers with his side-kick. The dog drinks half and the police bust in and capture the villain, while the dog takes the powers. The cops start to chase the dog because he has the powers. A baby was born and fell out of a hospital window, and into the bottle of powers. The nurse came outside to get the baby, but all there was a scratch. The villain broke out of jail. Super diaper baby is put in a crib that was given to them by the villain because he wants to take back the powers. In the end he keeps the powers and beats up the villain.

I would recommend this book because it is funny. There are many books in the series. It also is written as a cartoon which makes it easy to read. ( )
  Dontaeg.bg3 | Mar 23, 2017 |
For Mom and Dad
~ GRB
To Mom and Heidi
~ HMH
Once upon a time there were two cool kids named George and Harold.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0439376068, Paperback)

Move over, Captain Underpants! There's a tiny new superhero in town. Undaunted by Principal Krupp's insistence that their essay assignment on good citizenship not be another comic book about the briefs-clad warrior, fourth graders George and Harold decide to invent a new superhero. Super Diaper Baby is born! It's up to our fearless infant hero to save the planet from diabolical Deputy Doo-Doo and his reluctantly evil pooch, Danger Dog ("I'm not really evil. I'm just in it for the kibbles."). Several robotic battles, intergalactic digressions, and "flip-o-ramas" later, Super Diaper Baby has done his duty, and George and Harold are in trouble yet again with their principal. Still, it was worth it, as any fan of Dav Pilkey's lowbrow, scatologically inclined "epic novels" (The Adventures of Captain Underpants, Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman, etc.) will attest. George and Harold's spelling is atrocious, their humor is straight off the grade school playground, and kids love every page of it. (Ages 8 to 12) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:53 -0400)

Irrepressible friends George and Harold create a new comic book superhero, Super Diaper Baby.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,364,132 books! | Top bar: Always visible