Gotham Central, Book Three: On the Freak…

Gotham Central, Book Three: On the Freak Beat (2010)

by Greg Rucka, Ed Brubaker (Author), Stefano Gaudiano (Illustrator), Michael Lark (Illustrator)

Other authors: Jason Alexander (Illustrator), Gary Amaro (Illustrator), Kano (Illustrator), Lee Loughridge (Colorist)

Series: Gotham Central (23-31), Batman

An interesting look at the lives of mere mortals inhabiting the DC universe and dealing with the repercussions of coexisting with superheroes and villains. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
This is the first volume I have read of Gotham Central and I have to say I really enjoyed it. Regardless of Batman's spot on the cover, it isn't really about him. This is about the cops who work the Major Crimes Unit, which cover the types of crimes that involve super heroes and super villains. Most of this book focuses on Rene Montoya who I've read before in Bat Woman.

I'm glad my boss talked me into giving this series a shot. I definitely plan on continuing to read.

Greg Ruckaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brubaker, EdAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gaudiano, StefanoIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lark, MichaelIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Alexander, JasonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Amaro, GaryIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
KanoIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Loughridge, LeeColoristsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Previously in Gotham Central: Detective Crispus Allen and his partner Detective Renee Montoya are considered by many in the M.C.U. to be the strongest partner pair under Captain Maggie Sawyer's command.

"A brutal gang war wages in Gotham City. After a tragic mistake, the police feel that they can no longer trust Batman, so the commissioner makes a fateful decision; the Dark Knight is now a wanted man, and the famous Bat-Signal is removed from the roof of headquarters. But it couldn't have come at a worse time, as the Major Crimes Unit has to face a super-villain they've never dealt with before, and a good cop's life hangs in the balance"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,317,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible