Dog Days by Ana Marie Cox

Dog Days (2006)

by Ana Marie Cox

Thank you, Scott Fitzgerald, for teaching me that if I loathe EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in a book, I probably will not enjoy the reading experience. Sometimes I read on anyway, if the writing style is compelling or it's an Important Book or my spidey senses tell me the characters will undergo some fundamental change that makes them likeable, but Dog Days didn't hit any of those points for me.

I don't care about anyone in Cox's story and I have no desire to read about their political maneuverings and adulterous affairs. I don't care about their graham-cracker heels or their champagne preferences or their stupid Blackberries. The most hilarious thing about Dog Days is that somehow I ended up with two copies, and I can't make it past the first fistful of pages -- I got to page 36. I'm done. ( )
  karinnekarinne | Apr 3, 2013 |
A hoot. Fun read, but no sex to speak of (rare for a political tale based on reality, one might think). ( )
  davrich | Jun 9, 2007 |
Famous blogger Ana Marie Cox creates a ripped from the headlines comic novel that isn't quite as bizarre as real life.

Read my review here ( )
  yellojkt | May 9, 2007 |
For Chris, who was waiting on the other side of August.
Do not combine with Dog Days by Carol Cox. Two different books, two different authors.

Melanie Thorton's promising career as a campaign staffer for presidential hopeful John Hillman is compromised by a gossip columnist and a renegade political group that possesses scandalous information about the candidate.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,754,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible