Bones: Skeletons and How They Work by Steve…

Bones: Skeletons and How They Work

by Steve Jenkins

An informational book about bones and what they are used for in different animals. It features fold out pages throughout the book that gives a better example of scale in some of the images or gives the reader more information. ( )
  alan.greenwald | Sep 8, 2017 |
this book shows the different skeleton structure of different animals, how their bones are important to them, and compare them to different animals structures.
6 books
  TUCC | Nov 14, 2016 |
This book is far from skinny -- it's the definitive nonfiction title about human and animal bones, delivered with in-your-face accuracy and intrigue. In this visually driven volume, kids come face-to-face with some head-to-toe boney comparisons, many of them shown at actual size. Here you'll find the differences between a man's hand and that of a spider monkey; the great weight of an elephant's leg, paired with the feather-light femur of a stork; and rib-tickling info about snakes and sloths. How many bones are in the whole human body?
  chandlerfarris | Oct 4, 2016 |
Anatomy was one of my favorite courses in high school so immediately I chose this book to read. I think I would've rather the book be just about the human skeleton than bones in general. I realized that I don't really care about other creature's bones. Also half the book is fold out pages and what not. This is cool in theory but whoever read this book before me did not fold the pages back in the correct order so I was a confused mess trying to read it. I finally figured it out and arranged them how they should be. I guess I would suggest to either take the fold outs out completely or at least number the pages. The extra information in the back was honestly my favorite part. ( )
  kesteves | Nov 8, 2015 |
At first I thought this book could be boring for some children, but as I read I realized the pictures really are the engaging factor in this book. Bones discusses how many bones and what type of bones are in the human body. However, this book also compares the same type of bone in many different animals. I enjoy the comparisons because if a child has a favorite animal, this component can help keep that child/reader engaged. The photos are very good because they are scaled for accuracy and are captioned “Bones shown one-fourth actual size” to help the readers visualize and understand how large the bones are. I also enjoy the fold-out features because they show the amount of bones in a snake and a full human body of bones. Again the visuals are very engaging and educational. This book gives just the facts and does not add any “fluff.” I enjoy this because it can be to the point and helpful for struggling readers who may be intimidated by are large paragraph, which this book does not have. Overall, this book has very fun pictures for readers and is very informational. ( )
  kriley5 | Feb 22, 2015 |

A guide to human and animal skeletons which provides comparisons and outlines such facts as the number of bones in the human body and the ways that skeletal structures work.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,393,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible