Tomorrow We Die by Shawn Grady

Tomorrow We Die

by Shawn Grady

I loved this book. Fast paced, adrenaline rush, page turner. All adjectives that fit. ( )
  cclpad | Feb 20, 2011 |
Chase the Angel of Death and You Might Catch Him
Paramedic Jonathan Trestle has had a week of death. Every call seems to end up with someone flatlining until finally he is able to revive a disheveled patient long enough for the man to hand him a crumpled piece of paper and say, "Give this to Martin."

With the simple decision to honor a dying man's last wish, Trestle soon finds himself snared in a mystery of murder and danger. His only clue is a scrap of paper covered with indecipherable dashes, but with his future, freedom, and life on the line, he must race for the truth before the Angel of Death comes calling for him. (From the back)

Adrenaline-Laced Suspense from the Author of Through the Fire:

I love action packed mysteries! This book's opening pages has the main character on his way to help an "unknown man down on the sidewalk at First and West, in front of the church" and this scene is what jump starts the book. The story is centered around this man, Jonathan Trestle and the mystery that surrounds them.

The entire book runs at full tilt all the way. Full of suspense, I found myself guessing at what was going to happen next and believe it or not, I didn't figure out "who done it" until the last chapter. Details such as paramedic procedures, timing, political schemes and more are strewn throughout the book and are key to understanding what is going on and Mr Grady does a fine job explaining these and keeping you wondering until the end.. ( )
  tiinaj1 | Nov 13, 2010 |
Tomorrow We Die, the second book by author Shawn Grady, is the story of the young paramedic, Jonathan Trestle. Jonathan is merely biding his time as a paramedic while he waits to begin medical school on a full scholarship. It seems that his well-laid plan is in serious trouble when patients begin mysteriously dying for inexplicable reasons. Thus begins the story of Jonathan's quest for truth. He is not content to accept the loss of his patients and sets off to discover the reason for the untimely deaths. In the process, he gets much more than he bargained for and that is what makes this tale so appealing. Add in a scandal, a long-standing grudge, and a bit of romance and you have a story that will keep your eyes riveted on the pages until the final word.

Tomorrow We Die is another winner for author, Shawn Grady. It may be a work of fiction but the realistic action and the attention to detail make the reader feel as if they have been vaulted into reality. If you are a reader like me who enjoys books about the medical profession, you will love Shawn Grady. His personal knowledge of the profession combines with his gift for story-telling to make him an author who can't write fast enough to please his fans. ( )
  HisChild | Aug 9, 2010 |
I have to confess that, on top of Historical and Amish novels, I am a complete and utter SUCKER for medical suspense and dramas! I used to love to watch E.R., House,and, back in the day, Doogie Howser, MD! I also loved the fast paced thrills of watching the real life medical shows. My blood and heart rate was always pumping into overdrive! Reading Shawn Grady's work for the first time falls into that blood-rush thrilling sensation! LOVED it!

From the minute I opened to the first page, Grady thrust me straight into Jonathan's fast paced environment. I felt myself transform into a paramedic and instead of feeling the pages in my hand, I felt like I was right there beside Jonathan working on patients, all with God by our side. It was such a rush of overloaded adrenaline and mystery! Jonathan had a fast paced life of a paramedic AND a med student but he also had the thrills of being drawn into an unusual mystery, that could cost him his life! I literally turned page after page with a racing heart because I HAD to see what happened next, HAD to feel that next rush of adrenaline!

If you love suspense and medical thrillers, then this book is DEFINITELY for you! Five stars all the way with high recommendations! It's perfectly created with God's guidance and protection, suspense and mystery, and humor to keep the reader hooked til the end! I can't wait for more of Shawn Grady's work! I am making it a MUST to go back and read his first book, Through the Fire! ( )
  ReviewsbyMolly | Jul 7, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 076420596X, Paperback)

Jonathan Trestle is a paramedic who's spent the week a few steps behind the angel of death. When he responds to a call about a man sprawled on a downtown sidewalk, Trestle isn't about to lose another victim. CPR revives the man long enough for him to hand Trestle a crumpled piece of paper and say, "Give this to Martin," before being taken to the hospital.

The note is a series of dashes and haphazard scribbles. Trestle tries to follow up with the patient later, but at the ICU he learns the man awoke, pulled out his IVs, and vanished, leaving only a single key behind. Jonathan tracks the key to a nearby motel where he finds the man again--this time not just dead but murdered. Unwilling to just let it drop, Jonathan is plunged into a mystery that soon threatens not only his dreams for the future but maybe even his life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:01 -0400)

Paramedic Jonathan Trestle is swept up in the investigation of a series of linked murders that threaten not only his future but his life as well.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,501,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible