Too Close to Home (Women of Justice Series…

Too Close to Home (Women of Justice Series #1) (2010)

by Lynette Eason

Recently added byprivate library, Sayshell, Amy315, NatalieMonk, Jane.Reads, peggy.s, lkadin, Addams95, DTChantel

I was pleasantly surprised by this law enforcement chase for a serial killer who found his young, female victims through the internet. No matter how many times teenagers are warned about not meeting strangers over the internet, they still get tricked by offers that are too good to be true. The other unexpected thread in the story was the power of religion in several of the officers' lives. I don't want to spoil the ending by leaking what happens to some of the people, so I'll just leave you with my recommendation of reading Too Close to Home the next time you want to enjoy a good mystery. ( )
1 vote okjlsaz | Feb 6, 2014 |
What a great story. Connor lost his wife a while ago and he is dealing with his Teenage daughter and his Job with the FBI, tracking down a guy who is taking teenage girls and then they are showing up months later after giving birth. During Conners work he meets and works with Samantha. Sparks are flying a little there but Connors faith is waivering and Samantha is concerned about that she wants a wonderful Christian guy with good faith. She also wants to catch this horrible killer. Jenna Connor's daughter is missing her dad, mad at her dad and overal being a teen and just may get her self into trouble with this Killer if she doesn't pay attention. A must read great murder mystery, a little romance, great christian values and faith. ( )
2 vote MonicaLynn | Aug 12, 2013 |
I really enjoyed this book. It was fast moving and a mystery thriller with a little romance thrown in. Conner Wolfe,a homicide dectective called in for reinforcemnts - a beautiful FBI agent Sam was called in to help with a series of murders. They work together to help solve a rash of murders. Their characters come to life. It is very easy read and totally engrossing. I would recomment this book to others ( )
1 vote campmom | Jan 24, 2013 |
Couldn't put this book down it kept me on the edge, very well written and stays interesting through the whole book, not a lot of unnecessary gibberish. Would highly recommend this book to anyone that really like to read mysteries. ( )
1 vote Grandy | Jan 17, 2012 |
My Synopsis:

Too Close To Home (Women of Justice series - Book 1) by Lynette Eason

(For review from Revell)

Homicide detective Connor Wolfe's latest case has everyone baffled. There are several missing teen girls and now they are starting to turn up dead. Connor and his team are looking for leads that will help them find this serial killer in their small southern town.

FBI agent, Samantha Cash is a computer expert that is called in to help Connor figure out a link that may exist between all the girls. But, she doesn't expect the attraction she begins to feel for her fellow officer. Connor has to worry not only about this case but his troubled relationship with his own teen daughter, Jenna and Samantha has demons of her own involving her sister, Jamie.

Can the two of them put aside their circumstances and find love in the midst of tragedy? Will Connor blame God for all the loses in his life or will he find the peace he has been looking for? Who is "the agent" and what is his motive for kidnapping these girls? Is Jenna safe?

My Thoughts:

This is the first romantic suspense novel I have read from a Christian perspective. I found it very interesting. Not only do the main characters have a mystery to solve, but they have issues in their own lives that need to be sorted out. From Connor's troubled relationship with is daughter, to Samantha's guilt over Jamie's suffering. It's interesting to see how these circumstances bring each of the characters to an understanding that perhaps the peace they need comes from God.

This novel put me in mind a little bit of an episode of SVU or Criminal Intent. It was fun to try to think ahead and solve the mystery and see if you were right or if you were on the right track. It was definitely a page turner. I liked how the author used "police knowledge". The actions of the officers and the FBI characters all seemed natural and I'm sure was researched to make it seem all the more accurate.

The characters were well developed. Connor was the strong dad, who had no idea how to repair his relationship with his daughter. Jenna, was head strong and hurt by Connor's previous actions. Samantha was the determined agent who had a soft heart. I liked Jamie's character a lot and could really identify with her. I loved how she was able to find the courage to move on with her life and look forward to the next book see what happens to her and the other characters from this novel.

I give this one 4 out of 5 apples from my book bag.
1 vote DLester | Aug 19, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080073369X, Paperback)

Samantha Cash is the FBI's secret weapon. Her methods are invisible, and she never stops until the case is closed. When missing teens begin turning up dead in a small Southern town, Samantha is assigned to help local chief Connor Wolfe find the killer. And he has two problems with that. There's her faith--in God and herself. And then there's the fact that she looks exactly like his late wife.
As they get close to an answer, the case becomes personal. The killer seems to be taking an interest in Connor's 16-year-old daughter, who thinks her dad is getting way too protective. Can't a girl just have some fun?
Too Close to Home ratchets up the suspense with each page, and will have readers cheering for the characters they love as justice is served and love grows even in the face of danger. Read this one with the lights on!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:16 -0400)

Samantha Cash has a skill Connor Wolfe needs - catching killers through computers. When she poses as a target, her virtual world becomes real - and deadly.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,104,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible