Seaworthy: A Swordboat Captain Returns to…

Seaworthy: A Swordboat Captain Returns to the Sea

by Linda Greenlaw

Seaworthy, a swordboat captain returns to the sea by Greenlaw_ Linda
Love hearing more escapades of the captain, no matter what type of fish she is going for.
Interesting to hear about how she was caught in the Canadian waters, by accident. Love how she accumulated the crew. Sounds so terrifying and the loss of all the line, argh.
Love action on the sea and the outcome of it all. Hope to read more from this author as I feel I am there fishing with them. What a CREW!
  jbarr5 | Mar 28, 2018 |
I will be reading all of Greenlaw's books... This book, though slightly repetitive at points, perfectly displays the author's love of the sea while she relays a million horrible events that should, in reality, cause disdain, this book held my attention from the moment I opened it. ( )
  KRaySaulis | Aug 13, 2014 |
I am a fan of Linda Greenlaw and it was good to see a book about her returning to the love of her life. The seasoned captain's return was an unmitigated nightmare. Well, except that I guess it was mitigated a bit by the 4 men who were her crew this time out. She left the dock with the greatest 4 guys she ever fished with and they did her proud on this awful trip. Linda writes well and you get caught up in her adventures, but she was "in her head" a lot in this book. It was more reflective than her others. With a vessel they rightfully dubbed, The Shithawk, the trip was one mess after another including somehow, inexplicably drifting into Canadian waters.
It was a quick read and I do like to keep up, not a re-read kind of book. ( )
  Mirkwood | May 10, 2013 |
not really very interesting. she said she couldn't understand the goings on in her court appearance in st. john's and these would be educated people lawyers and judges and cops. yeah right. ( )
  mahallett | Jan 13, 2013 |
Almost unreadable. I found it badly written and the tale largely uninteresting. I enjoy a sea-farin' tale of adventure, but this just was not good. She mentions her age and the size of her shipmates so often it could have been a drinking game. The story itself is so un-engaging that had it not been a book club book, I'd have discarded it after 3 chapters. I wanted to like it, but it just annoyed me. ( )
  mazeway | Aug 22, 2011 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 067002192X, Hardcover)

The bestselling author's sequel to The Hungry Ocean--a fast-paced account of her return to swordfishing

Linda Greenlaw hadn't been bluewater fishing for ten years- not since the events chronicled in the books The Perfect Storm and The Hungry Ocean-but when her lobster traps aren't paying off, her truck is on its last gasp, and the bills are piling up, she decides to take a friend up on his offer and captain a boat for a season of swordfishing. A decade older, and with family responsibilities, she's a different person heading out to sea, but any reluctance is quickly tempered by the magnetic lure of adventure. And the adventures begin almost immediately: The ship turns out to be rusty and ancient, and even with a crew of four Greenlaw is faced with technical challenges. There are the expected complexities of longline fishing and the nuances of reading the weather. Her greatest challenge, however, comes when the boat's lines inadvertently drift into Canadian waters and Greenlaw is thrown in jail.

Capturing the moment-by-moment details of her journey, Greenlaw tells a story about human nature and the nature around us, about learning what can be controlled and when to let fate step in. Seaworthy is a compelling narrative about a person setting her own terms and finding her true self between land and water.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:02 -0400)

The bestselling author's sequel to "The Hungry Ocean" is a fast-paced account of her return to swordfishing. Capturing the moment-by-moment details of her journey, "Seaworthy" is Greenlaw's compelling narrative about a person setting her own terms and finding her true self between land and water.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,550,972 books! | Top bar: Always visible