Embracing Your Freedom: A Personal…

Embracing Your Freedom: A Personal Experience of God's Heart for Justice

by Susie Larson

92950,433 (5)None

I found this book very refreshing and truly inspiring. I love Susie's heart felt prayers written with each chapter. It's a deep book like a prayer and devotional book so one is likely not to speed read through it. It's overall effect will be life changing because the heart of the book is so very relevant for today! In order to see a bigger picture of God's heart for the world, you'll explore the personal chains of fears, insecurities and the bondage of lies and deception. I was able to grasp the torch to freedom as a daughter of God in His truth and light, and wish to pass it along to you. Let me explain a bit more on the title of Susie Larson's great book.

Does freedom matter to you? Moreover, what does freedom mean to you? Do you desire to be gloriously free? Here is what the author says, "Freedom does not mean I am able to do whatever I want to do. That's the worst kind of bondage. Freedom means I have been set free to become all that God wants me to be, to achieve all that God wants me to achieve and to enjoy all that God wants me to enjoy." If you've tasted freedom, then you must guard and protect it, recover it and be restored. I have played the song on the piano many times, The Warrior is a Child. The words of this song say well what Susie has written in her book that has captured my heart. We have identity, rights and a hope for the future. Superb writing from this author! An excellent read!

You will embark on a soul searching journey with Susie as she shares with you real life people and examples of how women reclaimed their identity, disarmed their past, embraced God's heart for justice and experienced radical change. Upon finishing Susie's book, I have been encouraged and challenged to take God more seriously and truly honor Him. I am deeply motivated to put on the daily practice and discipline of focusing more on the Lord's strengths than on my weaknesses. May you have a renewed perspective with your true identity in being defined by what you've gained in Christ's love for you.

Nothing and no one has the power to diminish your value in our Heavenly Father's love for you. Susie Larson writes strongly and passionately on this theme in her book Embracing Your Freedom. I loved this book and recommend that you buy yourself a copy. It is worth reading, like taking daily vitamins and putting on the armor as you face daily bumps in the road! Be strong, brave and free! ( )
  LadyD_Books | Mar 18, 2010 |
Susie Larson’s Embracing Your Freedom is a devotional that goes further and deeper than any other devotional for women that I’ve read. Written with a passion for living life in Christ in freedom and a heart for justice for the enslaved and abused, Larson deftly juxtaposes personal spiritual development with global social justice. Going far beyond the materialistic, give me more stuff, make my life comfortable devotionals that continue to pop up like toadstools in night soil, Larson gustily calls women to a life that matters.

Each of the four major sections begins with a true-life story of a woman in captivity, a woman who has escaped her bonds through the intervention of concerned believers and is now standing in freedom. Each of the 24 chapters begins with reflections upon striving towards liberty in our spiritual lives, believing in God’s work in us, and striving for more of Him.

Larson then deftly turns her pen to the correlations between our own search for freedom here in the west and the much more desperate struggle against physical slavery and imprisonment that is more wide spread than ever before. Each chapter closes with an empowering, faith-filled prayer for us and for those in captivity and an in-depth study session.

These study sessions are amongst the meatiest I’ve seen in any Christian title outside of full-blown Bible studies. Larson asks us to read through passages of scripture, engage in self-examination, write prayers, memorize scripture, and more. This isn’t a journey you can blaze through, and is one that you’ll likely return to more than once.

Deeply involved with the work of International Justice Mission (IJM), Larson bases much of her first-hand discoveries of justice-in-the-making and stories of newly found freedom from actual IJM cases. In fact, 50% of the author’s royalties are being donated to IJM to secure justice for those still awaiting rescue.

I highly recommend Embracing Your Freedom; powerfully written, inspiring, informative, and truly a blessing that points towards a life that’s more full of Christ than ourselves, this is one you shouldn’t miss out on.

Reviewed at quiverfullfamily.com ( )
  jenniferbogart | Feb 25, 2010 |

While our culture places great emphasis on comfort, security, control, and success, there are deeper rewards for those who take hold of God's promises and reach out in the Name of Christ. Adventure, faith, miracles, and a deep knowledge of Jesus Christ. This is what Susie calls her readers to realize.

Author and speaker Susie Larson makes her message graspable, accessible, and doable. Her stories, scriptural devotionals, and study questions set the stage for a first-hand experience of God's heart for personal freedom, for the plight of the suffering, and for a conviction to get involved with His work among those in need.
While the book's primary focus is on the reader's journey into freedom, it clearly conveys our shared responsibility to "seek justice, rescue the oppressed, defend the orphan, [and] plead for the widow" (Isaiah 1:17, nrsv). This is God's expectation for those who truly know Him.

When we live in bondage to our fears, insecurities, shame, guilt, despair, or sinful appetites, we live self-focused lives. But when we embrace our freedom in Christ, our hearts are released from captivity and we view everything around us as tools to bring that same freedom to those who desperately need it. This book is for the woman who wants to grow stronger in her walk of faith and who wants to gain a greater view of God's heart for the world. May she be provoked, to be as free as God meant her to be. And as a result, may she become an advocate for the freedoms of others.

Each chapter includes devotional insights, justice quotes, anecdotes, prayer guidance, and study/reflective questions.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:01 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,586,988 books! | Top bar: Always visible