The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

The Iron Daughter

by Julie Kagawa

English (164)  Dutch (1)  All (165)
More Meghan Chase making crazy decisions left and right, with the additional angst of a love triangle (not my favorite thing, but I can deal).

Real review coming soon. ( )
  GovMarley | Aug 6, 2017 |
at least she loves naruto :) ( )
  narutardd | Jul 5, 2017 |
The Iron Daughter picks up soon after the Iron King ends. Meghan - half summer fey - is taken by Ash - prince of the Winter Court - to his mother and Queen where she is held prisoner, according to her promise.

From this point the action is pretty much non-stop; however, it's done in such a way that you don't feel as though you're gasping for breath from the narrative.

Once again I enjoyed reading in Meghan's voice. Though she wavered in the begininning, she kept up the same spunk and toughness from the first book in her quest to find out who is behind the war between Summer and Winter. I enjoyed the further development of the old characters - especially Puck who we see more of in this book - and the introduction and development of the new characters. I especially enjoyed the world building. The Iron Fey are more interesting than ever! I can't wait to read the next book to find out more of their story and see the different Fey that were created through the imagination of men. ( )
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
I loved this book! In the last book Meghan left with Ash to fulfill her promise of going with him to the Winter court. In this one we return to Meghan being a prisoner of Queen Mab. She has been betrayed by the one she loves and as if that's not enough there is trouble brewing. Suddenly Winter and Summer go at war and Meghan finds herself on a journey to try and stop them. This book was just as captivating as the first one. I love the adventures that Meghan and her friends go through. The characters are fantastic and the world that Julie Kagawa has created is just amazing! The plot keeps getting better and better. I cannot wait to find out what happens in the next book, especially after that ending!! ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
Originally posted at Ruby's Books

3.5 stars

The second book of The Iron Fey series started well. Meghan is taken to the winter court by the boy she loves and then he leaves without even a parting word. As any other normal girl, she's angry and hurt. I think she needed to get to the winter fey's court, because I really believe she needs to toughen up. She spends some time at the court, without any true friends or allies, and then Ash comes back. At this point I'm expecting her to do something about that when she first sees him after being left all alone to protect herself from the bad fey people. Well, okay, maybe not the first time, because she wasn't exactly herself. But the second time. I felt that her reaction was too mild. And while I understand his reasons for leaving, I wanted her to show how angry and betrayed she felt. I don't know how, scream, hit something, curse, break things, anything. But no. She cries.

Anyway, after they escape the winter court, they reunite with Puck and all is well for a while. Puck!! While I have to be honest and say that I am on Team Ash, I was glad to see Puck. He manages to make you laugh in the most weird, terrible moments, when all you want to do is sit in a small, dark cave and weep. He has his secrets, like any other person, but he's a good character.

Here's where things didn't work out for me anymore. Remember when I told you that the first book ended too fast, too soon, way too easy? The same thing happened with this book. I won't get into details, because I can't without giving some spoilers, but there was an incident with Ash that was dealt with in a matter of only a few chapters and because of that, I didn't feel as though it was as tragic or dramatic as it appeared to be.

I'm honestly waiting for the wow element to kick in, for me to be swept away by this series. Maybe next book? ( )
  Rubys.books | Oct 15, 2016 |
Love & Betrayal.
A Faery World

Gone Mad.
To Nick, my inspiration
The Winter Court

The Iron King stood before me, magnificent in his beauty; silver hair whipping about like an unruly waterfall.

I've been in the palace of the Winter fey for a while now. How long exactly? I don't know. Time doesn't flow right in this place. If I ever get out of here, I might find a hundred years have passed and all my family and friends are long dead. I try not to think about that, but sometimes I can't help but wonder. My name is Meghan Chase.

Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey -- ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own faery powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seemingly traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.

Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan is deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, becomes a prisoner of the Winter faery queen, and loses her own fey powers. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey--ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her--and trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,021,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible