The Cloud Book by Tomie dePaola

The Cloud Book (edition 1984)

by Tomie dePaola

Member:smvega
Title:The Cloud Book
Authors:Tomie dePaola
Info:Holiday House (1984), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:easy, science

The Cloud Book by Tomie dePaola

The cloud book is a great go to book when teaching about the different types of clouds. The illustrations help children see the way different clouds look. It also uses a lot of comparisons such as a cauliflower. It also explains weather patterns. The illustrations and content are great for grades 1st and beyond. ( )
  Imandayeh | Apr 23, 2014 |
Easy to read, and since clouds are almost always around I think it's great for children to learn more about them. I had gotten this as one of my RIF (Reading is Fundamental) books as an elementary student. I still love it as an adult. ( )
  CelenaM511 | Dec 4, 2013 |
summary:
This book is an informational book that is set up in a story. It tells about the different types of clouds. It also tells about the different sayings that are used to predict the weather.

Personal Reaction:
I thought this was a great book. I think it would really help an elementary student learn about all the different types of clouds and what the types produce weather wise.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. Makes clouds using blue construction paper and cotton balls.
2. Discuss clouds and their functions
  MichelleOsburn | Nov 18, 2013 |
This is a fictional book, which discusses the variety of clouds. The book goes into depth about some legends that have to do with the clouds. The book also describes the different types of clouds that we see in our every day experiences with weather. The legends are used to help students remember which type of cloud is which. This is a great way to show students what happens in the earth’s atmosphere. ( )
  jstafiej | Jun 11, 2013 |
This book is better for younger readers than the Gail Gibbons Weather Words book, but it still gives the information in an easy-to-read text. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |

Introduces the ten most common types of clouds, the myths that have been inspired by their shapes, and what they can tell about coming weather changes.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:28:18 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,609,749 books! | Top bar: Always visible