A Beginner's Guide to Evidence Based…

A Beginner's Guide to Evidence Based Practice in Health and Social…

by Helen Aveyard

15None647,891 (2.75)None

No reviews

"At last, a jargon free Evidence Based Practice Book! This book gives the impression that it is a friendly tutor always on standby to answer any of your questions. It is written well, in a personable style to allow the reader to take in all the concepts of Evidence Based Practice. The book is up to date and recognises that not all areas of health and social care have the privilege of being supported by huge pieces of research and RCT's. In these cases, advice and guidance is readily at hand in the book to show the reader what other evidence can be out there and how to use it."
Irene Mabbott, Practice Development Co-ordinator (Evidence based Practice), Northern General Hospital, Sheffield

"I love this book. It's ideal for students new to research and qualified professionals needing an update. I wish it had been around when I was a student as it would have made searching for, critiquing and reviewing literature a much smoother process. I think this book should be on every university reading list. It is set out in an easy to follow format with lots of examples relating to practice which allows the reader to understand the importance research from the first page."
Lynda Luke, Registered Nurse and Moderator on www.studentnurse.org.uk

"I would just like to say this is the best text I have come across for my module for under-graduate students. It is pitched at just the right level and is written in a style that is easy to engage with. The layout and the structure are also easy to follow and it is a really good introduction to EBP. I intend recommending this to my students and thank you once again for sending me a copy of this."
Jean Davison, Teesside University, UK

"The book provides a basic introduction to Evidence Based Practice and many related issues. A spectrum of information from 'what is evidence' to 'how to implement evidence' has been included in an easy to navigate contents page. Some clinical experience is necessary to understand the links to clinical practice their importance and implications. Some useful website addresses are provided in order to increase and widen access to other necessary resources."
Nicola Olleveant, The University of Manchester, UK

"This is one of the best books I have come across for beginners to evidence based practice. Written in a style that’s easy to understand and jargon free, this book helps with undertaking research, making it a lot easier to understand."
Kerry Davis, Student Nurse, University Campus Suffolk, UK

Have you heard of 'evidence based practice' but don't know what it means?
Are you having trouble relating evidence to your practice?

This is the book for anyone who has ever wondered what evidence based practice is or how to relate it to practice. This accessible book presents the topic in a simple, easy to understand way, enabling those unfamiliar with evidence based practice to apply the concept to their practice and learning.

Using everyday language, this book provides a step by step guide to what we mean by evidence based practice and how to apply it. It also: Provides an easy to follow guide to searching for evidence Explains how to work out if the evidence is relevant or not Explores how evidence can be applied in the practice setting Outlines how evidence can be incorporated into your academic writing A Beginner's Guide to Evidence Based Practice in Health and Social Care is key reading for everyone involved in looking at and applying evidence - students, practice educators, mentors and practising health and social care professionals.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:49 -0400)

With informative but accessible text, the sport is brought to life. This work offers an in-depth look at the sport, from its history and beginnings to the modern game, how it's played, who plays it and the rules that govern it. Packed with facts, stats and full-colour photographs, this is the essential guide.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,419,904 books! | Top bar: Always visible