Dark Wolverine, Vol. 1: The Prince by…

Dark Wolverine, Vol. 1: The Prince

by Marjorie M. Liu, Marjorie Liu (Author)

Never looked into Daken before, so I'm very interested to see how this series go (yes, I'm still quite new at the Marvel universe) ( )
  ShayLRoss | Mar 16, 2016 |
The son of Wolverine, part of Harry Osborne's Dark Avengers, reaches out to the Fantastic Four. Just what is motivating this troubled mutant? ( )
  kivarson | Apr 1, 2010 |
I never thought that I would say this, but I love the character of Daken. He's wonderfully snarky and manipulative, and the quotes from Machiavelli's "The Prince" that accompanied this arc were a great fit. He's also hilarious; I found myself laughing out loud several times.

In this arc, Daken is baiting the Fantastic Four into a fight - for his own purposes, of course. And he's using his pheromones to manipulate his teammates. Pretty much nothing Daken does is off the cuff; he's always thinking and scheming about how to make the situation better for himself. And even though Norman Osborn is his "boss," Daken is subtly showing that he's not the little lapdog that Norman wants. (I love the opening scene, when Norman asks Daken if he's aware of what a hero is, and Daken says - like Spider-Man? The look on Norman's face was hilarious!)

The art is pretty good. The male faces tend to have a hollowed-out appearance - that works good for Daken, but it makes Reed Richards look downright skeletal.

This collection also includes a story that had appeared in Wolverine #73-74, before the title became "Dark Wolverine" and involved Daken. The story itself is somewhat related to Daken - it's basically a parallel to Logan's own situation with his son - but I would have rather had more Daken than this filler. ( )
1 vote schatzi | Mar 15, 2010 |

Marjorie M. Liuprimary authorall editionscalculated
Liu, MarjorieAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Wolverine's son, Daken, has finally emerged from the shadows, stepping out onto the main stage of the Marvel Universe. As one of Norman Osborne's Avengers, he has power, access, and an identity that he hates - his father's. This new Wolverine doesn't know how long this will last, but one thing's for sure: He's going to have some fun while it does. Collects Wolverine #73, #74 (Back Stories), and Dark Wolverine #75-77.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:55 -0400)

Wolverine's son Daken becomes one of Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers as the new Wolverine and tries to deal with his feeling about his father, all while manipulating the situation to his advantage.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,145,094 books! | Top bar: Always visible