(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen…

(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen Marie(Author)Hardcover{Shadowfever} on… (edition 2011)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (5)

1,191906,734 (4.4)37
Member:ericon22
Title:(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen Marie(Author)Hardcover{Shadowfever} on 18-Jan-2011
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2011), Hardcover

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

If you haven't read this series you really need to start at the beginning. This Fever series caught my attention from the first book and has keep me eagerly awaiting each new book. The characters and worlds created in this series are imaginative, interesting, intense and deadly. Karen Marie Moning is a gifted writer who draws you in to her creative world and that you along on a fantastic journey. It is hard to believe this is the last book.

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.

From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it. ( )
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
Too bad the rating is only 5 stars. There is nothing better than a day served up with a little Jericho Barrons on the side...;) ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
What do I do now?! ( )
  Aly_Locatelli | Jan 26, 2015 |
Unbelievable ending to an amazing series! That's all I've got to say. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow -T.S. Eliot

I feel it deep within
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that i feel like a monster - Skillet "Monster"
For the irrepressible M.
You wish to know me?
"You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl" - Barrons
"Some things are sacred until you act like they're not. then you lose them"
"I'm not the hero, Mac. Never have been. Never will be. Let us be perfectly clear: I'm not the antihero, either, so quit waiting to discover my hidden potential. There's nothing to redeem me."

“Evil is a completely different creature, Mac. Evil is bad that believes it’s good.”

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385341679, Hardcover)

A Letter from Author Karen Marie Moning

The Fever Series is all about seeing the truths beneath the illusions and figuring out how to deal with them—or die. While investigating her sister’s murder in Dublin, MacKayla Lane discovers that beneath the beautiful surfaces of nearly everyone and everything she encounters, there’s something else entirely. From the Fae with their deadly glamour, to the siren-call of the Unseelie king’s all-powerful book of dark magic, to Mac herself who starts out young, lovely and innocent only to end up—well, you’ll have to read Shadowfever to find that out—nothing is as it seems.

When I first saw the concept art for the cover of Shadowfever, I was thrilled with how well it encapsulated the entire series in a dual design. Lift the acetate cover of Shadowfever and there’s something else beneath it: a picture of a woman whose back is to the camera (for good reasons, she doesn’t even like to look in the mirror lately) staring off in the distance at something you can’t see (and probably wouldn’t want to anyway) with a tattoo on her back of black wings, like the Unseelie king. But Mac’s human. Isn’t she?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:59:39 -0400)

Alina is dead and her sister Mac has returned to Ireland, the country that expelled them, to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, she descends into an epic battle between humans and Fae immortals as the Sinsar Dubh turns on her, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world ... or destroy it.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,716,728 books! | Top bar: Always visible