(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen…

(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen Marie(Author)Hardcover{Shadowfever} on… (edition 2011)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (5)

Member:ericon22
Title:(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen Marie(Author)Hardcover{Shadowfever} on 18-Jan-2011
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2011), Hardcover

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

My 2nd time reading this book.

The first time I read this book, I thought it was the last. I can't begin to express how incredibly happy I am that there will be more. Mac finally let's Barrons see how she feels. This is epic, but she also finally confronts the evil she's been chasing. Which is just as epic. We see just how much she's grown over the course of the five books. We see how much Barrons has opened up as well. I wish we'd had a little more closure with Dani, however I've begun reading Iced now, so I'm sure I'll get that closure this time around. I love Moning's writing and can't wait for more Mac books to be written and published. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Reading this series was like reading one long book... I am glad I waited until the whole series was out before attempting it though - the endings on the first four books will give you a conniption fit! I hope we get to see more of Mac and Barrons in the next Moning series. I feel like the series ended just when they were getting to the good part! ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
If there is one thing I can't stand in series books, it's the inability to pick up a book anywhere in the series and understand what's going on. I couldn't stomach the first disc of this overly emo drama of naval gazing book. I had no clue what was going on, save a dead body and the whiny main character.

To me, epic fail. MAYBE if I read the rest of the series, it would help, but I don't like the feel of this book's start. It feels like the author took a 500k word book and just split it up into chunks. And it sucks. ( )
1 vote gilroy | Mar 4, 2016 |
A nice wrap up of the series. Mac goes through ups and downs trying to figure out what she is. Barrons dies but doesn't. There's going to be a side series. Hopefully its not a YA with Dani. Girl is interesting, but I'm just not into YA series. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I never saw so many things coming. never. I love the answers she gave us, she never deviated from the world she created or the characters personalities. KMM is a master wordsmith, she had me crying, laughing and sweating through-out the book. i will re-read it many times.

Even better the second time- audio ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow -T.S. Eliot

I feel it deep within
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that i feel like a monster - Skillet "Monster"
For the irrepressible M.
You wish to know me?
"You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl" - Barrons
"Some things are sacred until you act like they're not. then you lose them"
"I'm not the hero, Mac. Never have been. Never will be. Let us be perfectly clear: I'm not the antihero, either, so quit waiting to discover my hidden potential. There's nothing to redeem me."

“Evil is a completely different creature, Mac. Evil is bad that believes it’s good.”

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385341679, Hardcover)

A Letter from Author Karen Marie Moning

The Fever Series is all about seeing the truths beneath the illusions and figuring out how to deal with them—or die. While investigating her sister’s murder in Dublin, MacKayla Lane discovers that beneath the beautiful surfaces of nearly everyone and everything she encounters, there’s something else entirely. From the Fae with their deadly glamour, to the siren-call of the Unseelie king’s all-powerful book of dark magic, to Mac herself who starts out young, lovely and innocent only to end up—well, you’ll have to read Shadowfever to find that out—nothing is as it seems.

When I first saw the concept art for the cover of Shadowfever, I was thrilled with how well it encapsulated the entire series in a dual design. Lift the acetate cover of Shadowfever and there’s something else beneath it: a picture of a woman whose back is to the camera (for good reasons, she doesn’t even like to look in the mirror lately) staring off in the distance at something you can’t see (and probably wouldn’t want to anyway) with a tattoo on her back of black wings, like the Unseelie king. But Mac’s human. Isn’t she?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:51 -0400)

Alina is dead and her sister Mac has returned to Ireland, the country that expelled them, to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, she descends into an epic battle between humans and Fae immortals as the Sinsar Dubh turns on her, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world ... or destroy it.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,916,851 books! | Top bar: Always visible