(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen…

(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen Marie(Author)Hardcover{Shadowfever} on… (edition 2011)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (5)

Member:ericon22
Title:(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen Marie(Author)Hardcover{Shadowfever} on 18-Jan-2011
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2011), Hardcover

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

So my normal review layout is going to be a bit different because of this story, but I don’t want to reveal too much about this story just my general thoughts on it. Now first off I will say that this was the best book of the series. We really see Mackayla be honest with herself more than in any other book. Which is what I liked most. We still have the bantering between Jericho Barrons and Mac, but there was more in the relationship that happens in this book, than the previous books. The bantering got annoying after a while, I mean we had five books of it, and most of the time I wanted to shake them and say “wake up and smell the flowers” and be honest with each other. I really enjoyed the world building that Karen Marie Moning has done with these books. Her other paranormal series, we see the beginnings of what happens in this happen, but the focus is on the actual romance, but these books the focus was the dangerous world of the fae and how it collides with the humans. I loved seeing the MacKeltars in this book, boy do I love them and poor Christian, I adored this supporting character and he does get a run of bad luck right? I hated what we learn about V’lane to be honest, because he was so amusing to me. But it did blow me away which is what Moning probably was trying to do, really shock her readers. What we learn about Barrons and his eight, well that was exciting and fun. I do hope in the spin off series, they ease off on Mac, because she isn’t as bad as they think, but one thing I liked about them was how they force her to face up to the truth and threatening her life all at the same time. And when Jericho and Mac finally come together, I wanted to do a little dance because honestly these two were giving me a headache. I don’t know if any of you felt the same way but honestly these two could really get on the nerves if you let them. But what was most satisfying is when these two stop their bickering, and actually be honest about how they feel and the sex in this was HOT!! I mean the whole series is that way honest, very sensual in moments you don’t expect. I really liked the narrator, but I don’t like how they changed narrators in the middle of the series, that was annoying. I was really loving the narrator for the first few books, and then they change it up on you, and it took a while to get used to this new one, but she grew on me. This is by far the best book of the series, and holy cow Mac’s parents are just so fun aren’t they? And I hated and loathed Rowena more in this story than in any other books, boy I loved what happened to her (I know I am bad, but for real she was awful). Especially with what she had Dani do, I know from hearing about the spin off series, that something would drive a wedge between Mac and Dani, but wow I didn’t see that one coming. So many shocks and truths we learn, but some things were left hanging but Moning I would bet did that on purpose. I am curious to know if Dani and Mac work out their issues, if we see more of Christian, and Barrons eight—I would love to see more of them especially Rioden. He was super sexy. Overall I liked this series, but not sure if I would ever read or listen to them again, I am planning on reading her spin off series eventually. But I wouldn’t mind reading her Highlander series again, those are still and always will be my favorites of this author. If you have yet to read this author, I would highly encourage you to do so, she is spectacular in her writing and will win you over even if you don’t want it to happen. Loved this book and I adore this author, excited to see what comes next. ( )
  addictofromance | Jun 27, 2015 |
YESSSS!!! ( )
  BookaholicCat | Mar 4, 2015 |
If you haven't read this series you really need to start at the beginning. This Fever series caught my attention from the first book and has keep me eagerly awaiting each new book. The characters and worlds created in this series are imaginative, interesting, intense and deadly. Karen Marie Moning is a gifted writer who draws you in to her creative world and that you along on a fantastic journey. It is hard to believe this is the last book.

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.

From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it. ( )
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
Too bad the rating is only 5 stars. There is nothing better than a day served up with a little Jericho Barrons on the side...;) ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow -T.S. Eliot

I feel it deep within
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that i feel like a monster - Skillet "Monster"
For the irrepressible M.
You wish to know me?
"You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl" - Barrons
"Some things are sacred until you act like they're not. then you lose them"
"I'm not the hero, Mac. Never have been. Never will be. Let us be perfectly clear: I'm not the antihero, either, so quit waiting to discover my hidden potential. There's nothing to redeem me."

“Evil is a completely different creature, Mac. Evil is bad that believes it’s good.”

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385341679, Hardcover)

A Letter from Author Karen Marie Moning

The Fever Series is all about seeing the truths beneath the illusions and figuring out how to deal with them—or die. While investigating her sister’s murder in Dublin, MacKayla Lane discovers that beneath the beautiful surfaces of nearly everyone and everything she encounters, there’s something else entirely. From the Fae with their deadly glamour, to the siren-call of the Unseelie king’s all-powerful book of dark magic, to Mac herself who starts out young, lovely and innocent only to end up—well, you’ll have to read Shadowfever to find that out—nothing is as it seems.

When I first saw the concept art for the cover of Shadowfever, I was thrilled with how well it encapsulated the entire series in a dual design. Lift the acetate cover of Shadowfever and there’s something else beneath it: a picture of a woman whose back is to the camera (for good reasons, she doesn’t even like to look in the mirror lately) staring off in the distance at something you can’t see (and probably wouldn’t want to anyway) with a tattoo on her back of black wings, like the Unseelie king. But Mac’s human. Isn’t she?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:51 -0400)

Alina is dead and her sister Mac has returned to Ireland, the country that expelled them, to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, she descends into an epic battle between humans and Fae immortals as the Sinsar Dubh turns on her, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world ... or destroy it.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,421,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible