(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen…

(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen Marie(Author)Hardcover{Shadowfever} on… (edition 2011)

by Karen Marie Moning

Series: Fever (5)

Member:ericon22
Title:(SHADOWFEVER)) by Moning, Karen Marie(Author)Hardcover{Shadowfever} on 18-Jan-2011
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2011), Hardcover

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Recently added byprivate library, pnwbookgirl, FOHHL, zuzamiller, CorenaDawn

A nice wrap up of the series. Mac goes through ups and downs trying to figure out what she is. Barrons dies but doesn't. There's going to be a side series. Hopefully its not a YA with Dani. Girl is interesting, but I'm just not into YA series. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
I was so disappointed by this book. I wanted to just throw the book out the window. I was so happy for the continuation of this series but when I read this book. I was wishing I had stopped at the last book. There were some good things about it but, for me it left me disappointed and annoyed. I just hope the next book in the series is good or I might drop this series again just permanently this time. ( )
  tianicolle | Jan 27, 2016 |
  tianicolle | Jan 27, 2016 |
Wow. That's all I could think when I turned the final page, last night, way past my bedtime. I loved how Ms. Moning pulled in the characters from her Highlander series, kind of like a mini update on what's going on in their lives. It made me want to go back and re-read their stories. I loved the character arcs of Mac and Jericho, and I loved their story line and how Ms. Moning tied it all together at the end. (I still have a few questions about Jericho, but don't we all? Maybe she'll answer them in the next series.)

My only criticism of this book is that the glossary was omitted, so I got a little confused with who was what every now and then. But I suppose when you're already printing 600-something pages (or thereabouts), you don't need to add pages! ( )
  LeahDee | Jan 24, 2016 |
It's hard to describe this book without giving anything away from the ending of Book 4. Suffice to say it was well worth the wait. I couldn't put it down once I started reading.

Mac's transformation over the series has been so entertaining and excruciating to follow, but it all culminates so well in this conclusion. The intricacies of all the plots of all the different factions were amazing and I was very impressed with KMM's ability to keep them clear. Even given all the events and pieces, it wasn't ever confusing to follow what was happening. The twists and turns and betrayals were all very well choreographed and written, but ultimately it's Mac's self-discovery and self-acceptance that are the heart of the series especially in this last book. I really feel as though she finally found herself and was happy with what she found.

I loved this entire series! Rarely have I found later books to be as good, let alone better than the initial books in a series, but this series definitely gets better with each book. I look forward to reading more books set in this world, and have some definite preferences on characters. She's already working on a new series set here so we'll see on whom it ends up focusing. ( )
  DuchessofHazard | Nov 29, 2015 |
Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow -T.S. Eliot

I feel it deep within
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that i feel like a monster - Skillet "Monster"
For the irrepressible M.
You wish to know me?
"You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl" - Barrons
"Some things are sacred until you act like they're not. then you lose them"
"I'm not the hero, Mac. Never have been. Never will be. Let us be perfectly clear: I'm not the antihero, either, so quit waiting to discover my hidden potential. There's nothing to redeem me."

“Evil is a completely different creature, Mac. Evil is bad that believes it’s good.”

MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever.

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister’s murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years.

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh—a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds.

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master’s penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac’s journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385341679, Hardcover)

A Letter from Author Karen Marie Moning

The Fever Series is all about seeing the truths beneath the illusions and figuring out how to deal with them—or die. While investigating her sister’s murder in Dublin, MacKayla Lane discovers that beneath the beautiful surfaces of nearly everyone and everything she encounters, there’s something else entirely. From the Fae with their deadly glamour, to the siren-call of the Unseelie king’s all-powerful book of dark magic, to Mac herself who starts out young, lovely and innocent only to end up—well, you’ll have to read Shadowfever to find that out—nothing is as it seems.

When I first saw the concept art for the cover of Shadowfever, I was thrilled with how well it encapsulated the entire series in a dual design. Lift the acetate cover of Shadowfever and there’s something else beneath it: a picture of a woman whose back is to the camera (for good reasons, she doesn’t even like to look in the mirror lately) staring off in the distance at something you can’t see (and probably wouldn’t want to anyway) with a tattoo on her back of black wings, like the Unseelie king. But Mac’s human. Isn’t she?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:51 -0400)

Alina is dead and her sister Mac has returned to Ireland, the country that expelled them, to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, she descends into an epic battle between humans and Fae immortals as the Sinsar Dubh turns on her, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world ... or destroy it.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,202,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible